The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alaska?

Jesh

hey just thought i would ask, is anyone on here from Alaska? i feel kinda alone up here.

Jesh

nope. i've only seen one white vr4 (or galant period) since i bought mine 3 years ago and it was in a junk yard, but it was gone before i could buy it. not sure where it went.

Jesh

yeah thats about 150miles north from where i'm at. and getting there takes about 3hours, the road is a far stretch from a "freeway" but that just makes the drive more interesting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and during the winter now it can be pretty sketchy.

Jesh

lol... probly not, and from the looking i've done there is only 1 drag strip in Alaska, located in Palmer about 250miles away :p i know alot of people that would love to have a drag strip locally, but have no idea were to even being to make that happen, and probly never will.

91GVR4

Hey, I'm in Wasilla. Still a long way from you but figured I would give a shout. My galant however is in Michigan because I just couldn't haul everything with me. I know there is a member in Sutton as well.

Jesh

hey man, good to know i'm not alone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

prove_it

Well you guys are in Alaska so...

You guys are all alone up there together

Say can you guys see Russia from your house too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

324vr4

I went to HS in Wasilla...er...at Colony in Palmer to be more specific...Now down in Montucky...quite a few GVR4s here in town...Wishin I was into them up there...I was more into the SyTy scene. Good luck on your endeavors...you're going to have better luck with DSMs up there than the GVR4s so get on the DSMTuners site and find your help and support there...

RedTwo

a) If you have a white VR4 in Alsaka - how can you find it against all the snow?
b) do polar bears try to mate with white VR4s?

Sorry, that was pretty lame but I couldn't help my self.

Jesh

only if its stuck on jack stands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

fivestardsm

Hey! I graduated from Kenai in 93. Did you go to SoHi, or Skyview? What year did you graduate, or are you still in school?

Also, 91GVR, where in michigan is you VR4 at?

Jesh

i was homeschooled, :p i graduated 2 years ago, been working full time since then. and i pretty much spend all my free time under the hood of my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

91GVR4

My VR4 is stuck in the U.P. of Michigan. I may try and get it next year. I hate to see it rot but I will not give it away to someone just because I can't use it right now. If you search the Car For Sale you will find it.

fivestardsm

Nate,

I dont belive that anyone was looking for you to give it to them. Not sure what you ment with that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I'm in Chugiak nile black 701/2000. I've had it here from about 2002. It was down for about 2-3 years while I worked of the Talon. Then I rebuilt the motor and its been my DD for the last two years. I work in Wasilla.

91GVR4

Sorry if my post came off wrong. It wasn't directed at anyone here, just had some lowball offers. Fact is, like most of these cars, my car is worth more in parts then whole.
Glad to see there are several owners in AK. I know of one other VR4 I see most days parked at Underground Performance in Anchorage. It looks preaty ratty and know it was missing the rear window this summer. It is driven every day and I think the owner works at that shop.

H05TYL

Quoting Jesh:
hey just thought i would ask, is anyone on here from Alaska? i feel kinda alone up here.

Alexander Supertramp?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned