The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1303 is running again!

I picked up 1303 recently in non running condition. Basically the previous owner just took all the goodies off and it all needed to be bolted back up to stock condition or whatever set up you wanted. Well I want it stock for right now so I can smog it and get it all legal again. He mainly used it for an autocross/open track car. After I buttoned everything back up she fired right up with no issues after sitting for over a year. Here's a couple pics. She is cleaning up nicely!

First day home
DSCN2758.jpg

DSCN2759.jpg

Needs a few things bolted back up
DSCN2761.jpg

I told my son this can be his first car.
DSCN2764.jpg

Interior is great shape, PO also had the keychain to match the badge.
IMG_2925.jpg

Cleaned the wheel wells up with some new underliner, and degreaser.
IMG_2921.jpg

Stock sized carbon spoiler is pretty neat.
IMG_2922.jpg

JSB for a few days waiting for parts.
IMG_2919.jpg

New tires for the stock rims for right now.
IMG_2918.jpg

As she sits right now....... few pics I put a little effort into. Love the last one!
gvr4good4.jpg

gvr4good2.jpg

GVR4good.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Good job & glad someone was able to save this car.

This car was on Craigslist forever...Good luck with the car and nice work. I have 1302 just above you outside of Sacramento. I guess they stayed close together

Yeah I saw it on Craigs for a while, I took a little bit of a risk on it but the seller is a really legit guy so I felt good about the deal I got. How is 1302 looking these days?

CarRacer

Nice looking ride and it looks like you are giving it the tlc it deserves. Nice motard hiding in the garage too.

G

Staff member
Looks clean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Took the car in to the Smog station the other day........and it PASSED! Yay. I was not too concerned considering how well it's running but you never know. This car had all emissions removed when I got it so I had to piece it back together. Passed easily too. So now 1303 is legit and running around Fresno CA as my semi-daily. I'm chasing down one oil leak right now but it's not to bad. Also this car has a Quaife center diff, I DON'T like it at all. It's really stiff, does anyone else have any experience on how these are suppost to feel? It feels like my driveline is being severly stressed when making u-turns or parking.

381gvr4

IIRC this car was on eBay too. I thought it was fair priced in full trim. I also think this car graces the homepage with chrome rims???

Car looks great!! Good luck with her.

4Grim

Awsome to see that you save this GVR4 and get it running again.

blackvr4

wow shee looks good! where did u get the CF spoiler? looks great!!

Romanova

I have the same steering wheel. Wear gloves when you drive or the natural oil from your hands will turn the suede to sh*t.

4wheelsqueal

this was one of my favorite vr4s. have pics from the other owner when it was running autocross. bought some parts from him too. great guy. and 1303 looks great! glad to see someone save such a beautiful car.

Thanks guys for the kind words. I took it on a mountain run today with our local car enthusiast club and she performed really well. Temps were in check, brakes felt good, no issues and I ran her pretty hard. I'm feeling the itch to do a couple simple mods though, she is to damn quiet for me! Oh yeah the spoiler was on it when I bought it, so I don't where he got it, and as for the steering wheel... I'm not going to drive around with gloves on all the time so cruddy will have to do. Also if you have any pics of this car please post them up in this thread, I would be really interested to see them. Thanks!

4wheelsqueal

crap all my vr4 pics are on my other laptop. will post them tomorrow.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts