The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 92 Grey Galant VR4 (308/1000) Northern VA $2500 OBO

Well, it's finally come to pass.. time to sell. I had a lot of aspirations for the car, but in the end, a lack of time turned into a lack of interest, and though I still look at the car and see the possibility of what it can be, it's time to let someone else have that dream and for me to move on.

_THN2862.jpg

This is a 1992, Grey Galant-VR4 number 308/1000

_THN2849.jpg

It has 131997 Miles.

_THN2842.jpg

Engine: Injen Intake, 2g Mas, SAFC, 550cc Injectors, Fluidyne Radiator, TMO Stage 3 chip, 255 Fuel pump, FPR, oil catch can, relocated battery with cut-off.

_THN2918.jpg

_THN2838.jpg

_THN2912.jpg

_THN2926.jpg

_THN2922.jpg

_THN2921.jpg

_THN2903.jpg

The cutoff switch is not currently wired in with the fuel pump so will not kill the engine. I had all the parts for replacing the entire fuel system with a new cell, pumps, lines and such so didn't bother doing the wiring at first.
_THN2887.jpg

Turbo: PTE 50 Trim, Turbonetics Manifold, Tial 35mm WG, Extreme XBC Boost Controller, Greddy blowoff valve.

_THN2917.jpg

_THN2924.jpg

_THN2910.jpg

_THN2911.jpg

_THN2919.jpg

Intercooler: Spearco FMIC

100_0075.JPG

_THN2907.jpg

Transmission: TRE built Tranny, Symborski Shift Kit
TRE stamps their transmissions with a number when they work on them to track them.
104_0412.JPG

Exhaust: 3 Inch Downpipe, testpipe, exhaust.

100_0016.JPG

_THN2929.jpg

Other: Harness Bar, Kenwood head unit, Momo steering wheel, Razo shift knob.

_THN2860.jpg

_THN2861.jpg

_THN2838.jpg

_THN2834.jpg

_THN2837.jpg

I bought the car from a guy in Maryland several years ago now, I don't think he was on the boards. Most of the modifications were already done when I got it, the engine had been rebuilt, the transmission rebuilt, and everything else. Several months after I had it on a very hot summer day the engine overheated and lead me eventually to find out that the radiator fans had been wired wrong when the C&R radiator was installed which lead to the heat problem. Ever since that first time it's had issues in hot weather and would overheat during the summer if I got stuck in bad traffic. I was planning on replacing the engine with a built one so I didn't really bother breaking it open to check the head gasket and such, but it will need some work. The tranny has a 2nd gear grind. I do not know the details of what TRE did, but I'm sure that could be obtained from them with the stamp number on the tranny. The hydraulic lines going to the rear steering have rusted and dumped all their fluid, so will need to be either replaced, or totally ripped out and the rear axle made solid. The brakes were replaced with slotted and drilled rotors and SS lines, but probably would need some looking into just for safeties sake. The car has been sitting where it is now for 2 years or so, so pretty much, the car is a project, not a running car, and as far as I know, the battery is dead as well, so a flat bed will be necessary to get it outta here. The car has no catalytic converter, and the emissions equipment has been removed. Plus, it has an open dump off the wastegate, so if you have to worry about emissions, then there is some work that will need to be done. I want to make sure no one is getting into something they aren't expecting which is why I'm listing as much as I know or can remember.

The exterior is so so, the paint is original and isn't in too bad shape, but the front bumper is hollowed out for air-flow to the intercooler, the front of the hood has some rust on the driver's side, and a tree decided to fall close to the car a year or so ago and dented the roof.

_THN2863.jpg

_THN2865.jpg

_THN2867.jpg

_THN2869.jpg

_THN2870.jpg

_THN2871.jpg

The tape was on there when I got it, but it never leaked, even after the tape turned ratty.
_THN2873.jpg

The tree did this. Doesn't seem to affect anything negatively, just annoying.
_THN2874.jpg

Tree knocked the mirror off too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
_THN2876.jpg

_THN2877.jpg

_THN2878.jpg

_THN2879.jpg

_THN2880.jpg

_THN2884.jpg

_THN2886.jpg

_THN2906.jpg

That's about all I know, but if you have any questions, feel free to let me know. I will not be parting this out, I don't even live where it's currently at and I don't have the time anymore to wrench on it. While I've tried to list what I know, the vehicle is sold as-is, where-is, with no warranty of any kind. I used to be active on the boards years ago under the name tom_collins, but I guess I didn't log in for so long that my account got deleted, but there is a good guy thread for me out there.

I do also have a huge pile of parts that the buyer will have first crack at if they are interested, but will otherwise go up here after the car is gone.

Jack

Last edited by a moderator:

It's been in the same spot for two years, yes. I'd wash it off every once and a while but that's about it. There is rust on the front of the hood (see the picture) but nothing else serious that I can see, though I'm sure the hydraulic lines that died were probably due to rust.

The car is in Lincolnia VA, close to 395 South coming out of DC.

psi2high

Could you grab any pics of the under side? I would love to come see the car but its a hike to come and be let down

Yeah, I'll see if I can get some shots of the underside this weekend and post em up.

whitetalon92

Quoting twonineseven:
Where in NoVa are you located?

Aren't you getting a evo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif? lol. Anyway nice car love kensington grey good luck with the sale of the vehicle.

NateCrisman

I'v been ready cash/trailer in hand trying to buy this car for 5 months now, the guy stopped responding to emails and hasn't posted on here in a long while.

Last edited:

turbophein

we know your just going to part it out, thats why he won't sell it to you maybe!

I made way more then 2500.00 on my vr4 but the under body was so rotted out that I would not trust it to not fall apart.
If it not rusted out I would not part it

NateCrisman

Quoting turbophein:
we know your just going to part it out, thats why he won't sell it to you maybe!

Last I spoke to him, the car had been for sale for more than 3 months already and he still had not sold it. The original add is now 6 months old and apparently the car hasn't sold yet. IE...noone else wants it & it's ripe partout material.

nickbuilt

nate, i love buying parts from you but this ones got potential lol! grey 92 thats rare i wish i had extra money i would grab this up!

-nick

charmcity

Very interested in rescuing this jem is this guy still around and numbers for him ? It needs a little bit of love

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts