The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

w00t! mOar new parts

turbowop

Installed my newly painted '92 grill and JDM gas door. I like this way better than that CF AMG replica I had. This also shows the '93 lights, JDM projector foggies, and JDM single bulb corner lights that are now my blinkers. Some cool changes over the summer. All that stuff plus the JDM rear bumper, modified twin tip exhaust, new windshield, etc. I'm done spending money for awhile. Next thing absolutely has to be a built transmission. Third gear synchro is NOT happy in this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I also installed a nice back seat that was in better condition than my old hard-as-cardboard original seat, but I didn't figure it was worth taking pics of. Nobody ever sits back there anyway, so it's mainly just to be able to say I have a back seat with nice soft leather. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

nice, looks goot! The clear corners need to have the chrome/amber bulbs installed so you don't get that "fisheye" look.
Were the amber inserts also removed? Other than that, the new look is very clean.

Last edited by a moderator:

turbowop

Naw, there's amber inserts in them so changing the bulbs won't do much. I thought about removing the amber inside but haven't finalized my decision yet. We'll see.

Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention that the body shop didn't even charge me to paint the grill and gas door. I provided the paint and they sprayed it for free. It's good to know these guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Brianawd

Mark how much for you old back leather seat and do you have a front passenger seat you want to let go. I need them for my Step dads GGSX.

turbowop

I think I have a full set of leather seats that I could put together for you. I'll warn you though, while the leather may not be coming apart at the seams or torn, it's pretty damn hard. Would need a 55gallon drum of Leatherique to soften the sh*t up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Since you're giving me some of those other parts (2g mas and intake), I'll just call it a trade if that's okay with you? I don't really want money for them.

Brianawd

I just need the back leathers and the front passenger seat. I already put my driver seat in the car. Its just my dad that drivers the car. He just likes the look of the leather better. I am willing to bet money that in a year or so we will be looking for a vr4 for him. So far he loves the car but said having a turbo would be even better.

2of9

looks pretty sweet man. those jdm gas caps, can you release it with your fingers? or do you need to flip that switch?? I'm planning on getting one quite soon.

maroonmetallic

Nice upgrades sp far on ten shfifty one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think I might try to find a way to design a "push to release" JDM style gas door.
I like the look of the keyless, but Im a little uneasy that the cable "could" break.

-Shawn

deez

Whatever you do for a living, I need to do it so I can have the money to detail out my car as you have. Very clean ride, I am envious. BTW, I tried to take my clear corners apart to remove the amber, and it didn't work out so well. They are old and brittle, and even with the oven trick to soften things up, they just cracked.

turbowop

Shawn...you don't need to worry about the cable breaking. The fuel door cable/latch is accessible through the trunk if anything happens. Just don't shave the trunk key hole. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Deez, I make a normal salary. I'm not rich at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hs.gif I've just owned the car since '98 and slowly created what it is today. It's mostly elbow grease and spraypaint. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

steve

+juan another cobbled together junkpile

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif hawt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love.gif

NateCrisman

Nice, I want that gas cap! (did you weigh it?). Jk

1051: certainly the nicest overall green vr4 in existance Imho.

JSchleim18

Looks realllly good now. I can't say anything bad about the exterior of that car at all. It's exactly everything I have for my car except I have JDM amber corners. I will need a paint job to look as clean as your car.

More GVR-4's need to look like this and have this much dedication. Well Done man I love it

thecman02

So you looking to get rid of the amg grill? I think it would match the front of my car really well with the new JDM RS CF Hood.

Oh, and your car is still the standard for all other Belize Greens. I think you raised the bar even higher.

Last edited:

turbowop

Thanks doods. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah, I'm planning to put the CF grill in teh for sale section. PM me if you're interested.

GIjoe

ah man, this is the nicest VR4 Ive ever seen. I want mine to look just like it. Its beautiful, I simply love everything about it, love the 5zigen rims, everything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
Yeah, I'm planning to put the CF grill in teh for sale section. PM me if you're interested.

I believe I asked you about that long before any one else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts