The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

daily driver + semi trailer = ruined friday and new paint

misterfixit

So then, on my way to the sandwich shop and by our local gatso (speedcamera) a truck driver overtaking me gets the willies and pulls left (we're rhd here) into the drivers side of MY DD.. "sorry mate didn't see you in my blind spot" after he'd pushed the car along and flicked me round the front of the tractor unit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

so so so so lucky my wife and child were not in the car.. and so lucky to walk away.. thank mitsubishi for making very very tough cars.

looks like the b pillar has a kink in it, a pillar has moved a little, i think this is only the area where the door bolts on outer and reinforcement, doesn't look like the strut tops or chassis rails have moved. roof and glass is all good.

Will be talking to the insurance and the trucking firm tomorrow to see where i stand. this afternoon was spent getting checked out at the hospital. nothing broken or missing, just my whole right side is bloody stiff. they gave me come cocodomol at the er, but when that where's off it'll be fun.

if anyone has a front cut they have stripped and wants to donate the right hand "a pillar" of a rhd i'd be very grateful. and anyone on this side of the pond with a saloon breaking or broken i'll be very keen on contact.

To those i owe information (lead lengths and rhd wiring diagrams) i'll try to fix it on sunday... as you can imagine this week just turned upside down.

Rich

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif WOW, that is terrible. Glad you're ok (minus being stiff). Regarding the insurance and trucking Co. (and their insurance) Stick to your guns!!!!

Oopsies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif. Glad you're not seriously hurt. Good luck with the insurance company. Poor car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Barnes

Today just sucks, and here is just more evidence of that fact. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

misterfixit

cheers Rausch!, key thing is it happened like 5mins walk from my house, so the car is off the roadside and here at home. here once old cars get into the insurance system it can be a pain to get them back and keep them.. still not looking forward to the conversation tomorrow. still drives fine save something is bent in front right strut. camber is all pissed up when on lock.. but after speaking to the insurance tomorrow i'll be in a better position to know where/how even if it'll ever be allowed back on the road.

Rich

misterfixit

and cheers all. you guys a too fast while i'm typing!

curtis

Talk rarity of the cars and make the trucking company pay, also you smelled alcohol on the truckers breath and your neck and back is killing you. Missed wages and mental anguish, make them pay.

jepherz

Staff member
Sorry to hear that. That car looks T'd out! Glad you're okay.

Quoting curtis:
Talk rarity of the cars and make the trucking company pay, also you smelled alcohol on the truckers breath and your neck and back is killing you. Missed wages and mental anguish, make them pay.

I hope you are kidding.

isnt that gross negligence? almost turning somebody into a grease spot. no way to recover that loss.

question on my mind is.... can Misterfixit ... fix it? god i am lame.

misterfixit

Well Its the end of sunday here in the uk. no luck on the lead lengths but i'll look in some more folders tomorrow. Drywalling in the house is underway, wife is happy shoulder is less stiff. AND spent today collecting a new stand in for the DD! Enjoy:

Paid 300 pounds for it this morning and it's fully road legal for 6 more months. 4 owners from new and 113,000 in the clock. its a 5spd 1.8 carby 8v, but has power windows, door locks, mirrors, headlight washers and height adjust on the lights! threw on the wagon wheels (my god the old wheels were ropey biscuits) and have some more tweaking, but in 6hours its covered 350 odd miles. build date was 91.02 week 1. Interestingly all the dealer stamps are for german dealers!! With our forces bases overseas forces staff could buy cars tax free in home supply format hence no CAT and RHD, but first registered in germany.

Much happier and more relaxed about life now /ramble off!!

Cheers

Rich

Last edited:

SmoothCustomer

If my calculations are correct, you paid about $320 us for what looks like a clean, sick lookin, comfortable ride. I'm extremely jealous.

If that's right, then that's a hell of a deal. Silver lining to an otherwise rainy day.

misterfixit

my god insurance companies are painfull. i hate waiting....

Will be a long road back to sunny side up... but am feeling a bit better now. The grey one seems to be ok, have put some major miles on since the accident, but its just not my pru. yes it was cheap, but the lack of toys was summed up the fisrt time the missus checked her hair in the window visor and did't find the mirror. I miss my auto and cruise! and my god its so slow and thirsty...

"Just keep swimming" as doory says!

Rich

misterfixit

cAN ANYONE HELP??
i need a couple of small pieces to tidy up the new dd. you know how it is, after rummaging through the garage and the shelves of galant parts you have saved you remember the pieces you are looking for you threw away because you never thought you'd ever need thenm in a moth of sundays.

anyhow. if anyone has the following:
the door lock sticky up bit that is on the window ledge inside the door (my new car has one broken).
a casing for a right hand side mirror. mine is all smashed up, had been glued by the previous owner, but now there are bits hanging off.

Any help would be magic...

have found most of the bits to set it straight as stock.

Many thanks

Richard

maroonmetallic

I have a lock pull tab if you still are looking for one.
I have no idea as for a price, but...

PM me if interested.

-Shawn

misterfixit

Right peeps.. need some help from the galant community worldwide now. insusurance engineer came to see my car today and assess the damage. in the UK we have 4 categories of insurance loss. a,b,c,d a=very bad (burned to a crisp).. you can't have the car back. b=bad (bent chassis), you can't have the car back. c=bit bashed up (too expensive to fix)= you can have the car back but you need it identity checked and inspected after repair. d=noting major, just too much cash= you can have the car back no issue.

It's been categorised as a "C" not the best, but i can bring her back!!! Happy happy joy joy. but the next thing is my dd was valued at pre accident of £300 even though its on a modified policy and we'll look in the member rides section!? (this was 8.30am this morning) at 1.30 pm i get a revised valuation of £650 based on this car:

Check out the wooden grill?!!

Now i need to start another thread to get some cars valued around the world, as here i know there are not many members.. but in the US NZ AUS Malaysia Phillipinnes and thailand all have twincam16v versions and 1800sohc and 2000sohc versions.

What i need to collate is how much these cars are worth comparably and get some peoples opinions on what my dd is worth.. not OTT but please as THE premier forum for E30 series galants

here is the grey one as purchased.. for my £300:

so here you have it.

I'll make an organised thread whith pics of cars to value and links out to my car and the others the industry is using as reference.. i also need to scan chunks of brochures and compile a factory spec for my car. but i'm off to make a cup of tea now to try work out how to organise this new thread.

£650 for my DD.. no way.

All your help is appreciated! and please all international members chime in too.

Cheers,

Rich

Sent me a pm with the prices you need. Quite a few 1800 GLi/GLSi, 2000 GLi/GLSi over here. A few GTi-16v and dynamic 4's as well.

656of1000

For a base model Galant, that has really nice bumpers! Our US bumpers are rubbish.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts