The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My Works Galant Project

rah1482

Recently salvaged a Galant from further deterioration. It was left out on the road and exposed to the elements - couldn't help but rescue it.

Nasty bump

Rust on the fender

A face only an insane Galant addict could love

DIY Strut Tower Brace and barely surviving K&N filter

So, I proceed to replace the fenders, doors and bumpers from an RS donor car.

Installed Original Ralliart Dymags

Some decals

RS Engine

And presto...

The Works Galant

"Star of the show"

The only thing lacking is mud /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DSMTurbo2

Nice save. I like the look.... and the garage full of galants /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rausch

Shipping to 44102?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Cool, I like the replica graphic stuff I jst dont know about driving it on the street like that.

Polish

Good job, I like the plug cover. Never knew HKS made one for the early 4g's. I am sure it's not available anymore though.

wow... haha your post makes it seem like it was all done in one day.

good job!

Quoting Polish:
Good job, I like the plug cover. Never knew HKS made one for the early 4g's. I am sure it's not available anymore though.

They built whole 4G63 engine packages back in the day, I believe.

turbowop

Is that thing AWD? Since it was nonturbo to start with? I realize there are Galant GSX's but they're pretty rare as well.

tsiboy

planning on selling the rear window visor that you removed???

rah1482

Quoting turbowop:
Is that thing AWD? Since it was nonturbo to start with? I realize there are Galant GSX's but they're pretty rare as well.

Its only a 2WD. We refer to it as a GTI, over here. I basically chickened out on tearing out the flooring and installing the 4WD. When it came to 954/1000, it would have been a sin, to molest it, given its condition. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

turbowop

Oh, you're the dude that imported 954 over there? I forgot about that. All those JDM bumpers in your country and you're still rocking the USDM bumpers on that car? Still looks really nice and clean.

Last edited:

Brianawd

How much for the rear bumper you took off the car?

rah1482

Just repainted the bumper, didn't take it off. But I do have an extra set /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blacksheep

Are any of you guys from Phillipines? I used to deal with a gvr4 owner there by the name of Bernal who helped source several parts many of which are on members rides here. Know how he is doing?

Ralli380Gvr4

I can't believe it's a FWD!!! my dreams are shattered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

rah1482

Quoting turbowop:
Oh, you're the dude that imported 954 over there? I forgot about that. All those JDM bumpers in your country and you're still rocking the USDM bumpers on that car? Still looks really nice and clean.

As part of the collection, would like to keep 954 in its original USDM form. If I change to a JDM bumper, it would just get lost in the crowd. Besides, I have another one in black /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It will be "the AMG project" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

rah1482

Terrance 362 - wheels are Ralliart Dymags

blacksheep - don't know any "Bernal". If you still have his contact details, I can hook you up, though JDM VR4 parts are really getting scarce in the PH. The 6G Galant is a popular car to set-up.

Ralli380Gvr4 - sorry to shatter your dreams, but don't worry, am working with a member to bring in another VR4 to the PH..in Summit White! Then I'll do the Works project all over again.

Hey Macz! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BoostedAWD91

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif well done!!!
Nice to see a galant brought back to life instead of just being junked

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned