The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: JDM 89 Galant VR4, 50,000km, Calgary, Canada $7250cad

pretty close to stock, K&N filter, turbo timer, strut tower bars, APEXi exhaust, cloth int, inspected a few months ago, front evo brakes w/slotted rotors, extra front calipers and pads, orig. Japanese manuals,
excellent in/out.
Info on importing a car into the US: click

img.php

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkDML

i did sent him a pm too

So here's some more details on the car. I'm selling it because I have been wanting to go to China for years. I really don't want to sell it, I love this car, but want to simplify. I brought it over from Japan late last year. I did the fuel pump right away along with new wires, plugs and battery, new winter tires when it arrived too. As some of the forum discussions have mentioned, the gas in Japan is of different quality there, so I have been running it on 94 octane since I got it, and has been running great with no knock.
I have changed the front c/v boots, rear brake pads and thermostat this spring. I give it synthetic oil changes every 5000 km (3000mi).
THE GOOD: Look at the pics, it runs, drives and looks great.
THE BAD: The a/c does not blow very cold at present. The body has no rust anywhere, except one spot on the underside of the sunroof (the pic below shows with the roof open an inch or two). It has never leaked, though. Everything works but the driver's door power lock. The switch will lock/unlock the other 3 doors, so you have to manually control the lock, or use your key for the driver's door. I'm working on getting a regulator thing as we speak. The rear right strut squeaks sometimes but works fine. Lastly, the vinyl on the dash is separating a bit from the mold as you can see in the picture. I have been using vinyl restoration stuff to soften it up and seems to help a bit.
THE UGLY: I found one little door ding on the front fender, visible in the picture. Headliner has some marks at the back and the rear trim is wavey. The seat belt straps, especially in the back show fading from the sun.
If you're still serious and live in the US, I ask that you talk to the Department of Transportation about bringing this car in before going too far. I researched the laws and regulations for about a year before bringing a car over from Japan into Canada.
To the best of my knowledge, JDM bumpers and headlights do not meet US DOT requirements.

img.php

img.php

Ralli380Gvr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Someone is gonna get some true JDM hotness. BUMP.

Hertz

Staff member
Quoting VR4ownzU:
$6799.2199 in US dollars in case you we're wondering.

Hmm, it's $6,520.09 in my country.

If it's too confusing, $7250US would suffice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raptorWagon

depends on what rates(current or old) sites are using, for instance using CNN's currency converter I got $6785.85.

Hertz

Staff member
Depends on the day/time. XE.com is generally considered the most "accurate", but it's all moot: The bank(s) will do whatever conversion they want at the end of the day.

Free bump.

Romanova

Love the cloth seats!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts