The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant Meet Manila! Hello from the Philippines!

We are the 6G Packers. We are the 6th gen galant owners from
the Premiere Mitsubishi Enthusiasts Club of the Philippines, MyMitsu (www.mymitsuph.com)

At the latest monthly meet we had, a lot of Galant owners showed up,
Id just like to share some pics.

img2702z.jpg

img2700.jpg

352-5742.jpg

img2716q.jpg

img2715.jpg

img2714j.jpg

img2709e.jpg

img2711.jpg

3754688311_e96cb95824.jpg

352-5740.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

3757850734_5b52c03097.jpg

3755488162_115266dff3.jpg

3755488830_91a520ec69.jpg

The Group Shot
(dont mind the hugging, some were just toooo happy!)
3755554238_4ea1f42747_b.jpg

Our Group Logo
6pack2hs0.jpg

and the group shirt . .
Black1.jpg

Back-1.jpg

other photos from the meet . .

our 7th Gen Galant Brothers
DSC_0080.jpg

Our CB Body Lancer Brothers
352-5754.jpg

A boxtype Lancer . .
352-5714.jpg

3760411019_7f3646cf69.jpg

Action Pic!
352-5734.jpg

fivestardsm

WOW!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Bummer, nothing but red x's at work.

Why the "Packers"?

Last edited:

Chief_Mak

Wow! JDM bumpers everywhere! Next time I'm there, I need to figure out how to bring a nose clip back with me. Is Banaue still full of "surplus" japanese parts?

blacksheep

Quoting iceman69510:
Bummer, nothing but red x's at work.

Why the "Packers"?

probably under the influence of Steef, Besso and Rausch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

curtis

Holy Moo Cow thats a ton of good looking cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Ralli380Gvr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif Dang, amazing examples of e39a's but also kudos to the photographer!!! They all look very well executed, I'm diggin' the WRC replicas w/ real ralliart wheels! drool is all over my keyboard....

I wonder how you join the packers? Maybe I don't want to know, ha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Last edited:

strokin4dr

Like the shirts. How much shipped to the US for an american large? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kama1

lets see if we can arrange something for the shirts
visit the site guys!you guys are more than welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
parts are dwindling in banawe already.prices have also skyrocketed.
jdm bumpers are the stock ones for the local e33 gti

^ yeah no kidding. my friend in pinas is searching for parts for me in the banawe area.

@kama1 - Hahaha I knew this would get your attention!

Guys if you look closely at the group shot, there's actually at least 2 GVR4.org members there, and about
6 (including myself and Kama1)forumers (for obvious reasons since we haven't been to the US we couldn't
join as official members. If you know Telecaster, he's in the pic as well!

The shirts, I'll look into it, MMPH has a few members based in the US as well, if they'll be getting
shirts, we may be able to send out some Packer shirts as well.

Yes Banawe still has tons of surplus parts from Japan, although for the Galants, they are slowly
getting pretty hard to come by nowadays. Kama1 just buys the entire car whether running or not
and just parts out everything to those in need of parts!

The Packers. ok when we started out about 3 years ago as a sub group of MMPH, there were only about 5 of us at the time. We needed a good name, I was actually studying japanese words that we could use, but they all sounded like crap. I wanted somthing associated directly with "6" since our cars being the 6th generation of the Galant. I pitched the 6G Pack, as in Six Pack of beers, it caught on and immediately becames the Packers.

But it did become a very fitting name though, because we usually ride in Packs, as in minimum of about 4 cars. We hang out like 3 times a week thursdays, fridays and sundays (DIY Day or Cookout day). We've managed to do a lot of stuff when we hang out at the local gas station. We do our tune ups, tinker with the interiors, managed to upgrade the brakes on a 2g eclipse one time. This was all done between 12mn to about 4am mostly during sundays! Hahaha!

We join monthly drag meets, hillclimb races and the occasional trackdays. (There are only 2 tracks in the Philippines so far so everytime they hold an open trackday we try to join the fun.

We are all roadtrip junkies, for those of you familiar with the Philippines, we went to Baguio last year. Its a mountain province thats considered the summer capital of teh Philippines due to its cold climate. It usually takes about 8 hours to get there, but since we wanted to take the scenic route, we travelled all along the Philippines northern coastline to get to the mountaintop. The regular route would take you through about 5 provinces before going to Baguio, we took the route that ket us pass about 9!
Took us about 18 hours but it was sheer driving pleasure! But there are some trips that we cut the travel time too, we managed to cut a 6 hour trip to La Union(another Northren province) to about a little under 4 hours when we were about to compete in the Hillclimb races. I'd love to post some of the pics from our previous trackdays and other events here if it would not be considered Off Topic.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtis

Quoting kama1:
lets see if we can arrange something for the shirts
visit the site guys!you guys are more than welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
parts are dwindling in banawe already.prices have also skyrocketed.
jdm bumpers are the stock ones for the local e33 gti

Went over and checked out things theres some sweet pictures in the gallery. Question what is the little black plastic deal above the front licence plate some kind of addition bumper guard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Just asking never seen one before.

Also you better watch out with the gas station phrases SteveGLS (admin formally known as SteveVR4 aka Steff) does bad things in Gas stations. Just ask around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

AllanL

i think those things are license plate holders
their plates are wider and wouldn't fit the canal of the bumper, just like here and in japan

notice the bumper extension trim below the license plate for the IC?

those are locally called the "bigote", english translation, "The Moustache"
It acts as alicense plate protector. Its an original Mitsubishi product.

Hmmm group orders? Swaps! Hehehehe.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts