The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I am a turbo noob

so this car came into the junkyard i work at the other day, it was a white 2gen with AMS stickers all over it the motor was shot and it looked like the egine had caught on fire. anyway i saw this turbo still in the car and i took it out i think its a 16g but i realy don't in a turbo noob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif anyway here are some pics please help me out guys i would be so happy if i got a 16g.

GVR4_1057

Looks like a 14B to me. Definitely not a 16G. 16Gs have staggered compressor wheel fins on the inlet.

Lonewolf64

Look at the number printed on the compressor side. If is an authentic mitsu 16g turbo it will match up to be one of these numbers.

49178-01520 - Small 16G
49178-01420 - Big 16G
49178-01470 - EVO III 16G

EDIT: I didn't even look at the picture. That is not a 16g.

Last edited:

o well anyone got a 16g they want to sell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts