The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

RX-7 680cc injectors

belize1334

I'm thinking about picking up a set since they're Denso (ND 195500-0900) and can be had from Rock-Auto for $36 each which seems like a good price for ~700cc injectors. These aren't the normal Denso 660 or 720s so there doesn't seem to be much documentation on them. Does anybody have information about them in terms of pintle design, spray pattern, dwell time etc?

Here's a link the the rock-auto page and here's another somewhat useful link.

frank1

find a way to flow test them

I've had some customers try the "680cc" RX-7 injectors from some other auto parts places, and they are terrible. The guys are taking some smaller Denso injectors, and drilling them out, from what Rich at CruzinPerformance told me after flowing them for us. They totally ruined the spray pattern, and the flowrates were all over the place, not close enough to safely run in the same engine.
You have to remember that in an RX-7 these are used only as secondary injectors, so I guess the pattern and flowrate isn't quite as critical as in our application. There are much better deals to be had, IMO. If you want big, and want to go really cheap, I believe there was a guy on eBay out of Miami selling the Siemens 720/750cc injectors like I used to run in #1886 for ~$130 a set, NEW!

belize1334

I just liked the idea of an OEM reman part that could be purchased cheap. You're right though, that if they're secondaries they may not be as carefully configured. I think that the used ebay Evo injectors I have are misbehaving so I was looking at alternatives and I came upon those from RockAuto for the same price as remanned Evo injectors and I thought I'd get an opinion on them...and I have. Thanks for the input.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts