The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

minor start up gremlins

fastasleep

Quick questions:

For a while now on COLD starts (not cold outside, just 'cold' motor) my galant will crank, sputter die, but start right up on the second try. Not sure why. Fuel pressure off maybe? Something else?

Now, I've developed this nice belt squeal for a few seconds after cold start ups. It squeals like a banshee for maybe 5 seconds as I watch the voltage gauge climb from 12V to 13.8V or whatever where it stops screaming. Just a loose alt belt or should I check out some other things?

mikus

fuel pressure sounds likely for first

For second I like to test each belt using belt dressing to avoid guesswork. Price of can well worth it for # times I've used on my cars.

cspetros

What does your coolant temperature sensor show at startup? If it's reading something wonky, I believe this causes starting issues.

fastasleep

T-stat was replaced a little while ago. Coolant temps are normal.

My fuel pressure had dropped to around 32psi, so I bumped it back up to 37. Not exactly sure how that happens. I have an Aeromotive unit.

I think it starts up without any dying or hiccuping. Not sure if the belt squeal is completely eliminated though. Gonna give it a couple more days and attention.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned