The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Window sticker

Vman911

So I just finally got my orignal window sticker in the mail the other day. I had to car over a yr and previous owner mailed it to me when he found it.

How many of you got your sticker?

Vman911

Nice wish mine had my name on it... I guess I can settle for just the car..
Do you think adds value to the car or is it just an added bonus?

Makes me long for the day when I drove it off the showroom floor.
It probably adds $ 5.00 to the value of the car. lol

GIjoe

Quoting SteveHebert:
Mine here - still has my name on it too........

you serious? WOW, so you're the first owner. thats awesome.

cspetros

I have the original shipping freight papers showing port of entry, etc. from Japan for one of my Galants.

gmp

have it here its kinda nice i feel like its the car birth cert.

I still got mine. Damn this car was pricey for 1991. I think it had a "Denver area" extra cost on top of it for at least a few thousand.

14bCrazy

What is 21,000 in todays money?

slugsgomoo

except that car prices are outpacing inflation pretty significantly.

I think you have to look at the other models in the class (like the top of the line FWD galants) and compare them to where they are today.

jepherz

Staff member
VR4s were about 2x the price (MSRP) of a base model galant. What does one of those retail for these days?

curtis

to compare In 1991
$32,565 - $38,880 for a new Corvette
$10,215 - $19,922 for a new Mustang
and the Z-28's and Firebird's were about the same

streetmasters

I have mine too for 760/1000...i was surprised when i saw it cuz the owner didnt tell me he had it....i dont know about adding 5 extra dollars to the price of the car, but i really think that by having that, plus the original key fob, that it really helps in selling the car for maybe hundreds more imo....my car was 24k

Dialcaliper

$21k in 1990 or $22.5k in 1991 (when model years 91 and 92 were released) works out to about $34-35k in 2009 dollars. Here

The Evo X MR or Subaru STI is probably a pretty good comparison point in terms of features and price. It was a top-of the line sedan with the highest Japanese car technology of the time.

The VIN on the VR-4 even carries the "Premium" model designation.

Another good benchmark is that the VR-4 had about the same MSRP as some of it's competitors, the low end BMW 3-Series (318i - $21k) or the Audi 80 ($22k, equivalent to a modern A4)

With all of those as benchmarks, you're looking at about a $35k-$40k car in today's market, once you factor in all added costs from safety and emissions regulations.

With that range as a benchmark, you would be looking at a fully loaded Evo X GSR or a base Evo X MR, a fully loaded STI, a low to mid-range Audi A4, or a BMW 328i/335i/135i

Quoting slugsgomoo:
except that car prices are outpacing inflation pretty significantly.

I think you have to look at the other models in the class (like the top of the line FWD galants) and compare them to where they are today.

Last edited:

JNR

Funny, I remember when the Syclone was new (1991), it was ~$28k and I thought that was so much money and unheard of for a truck! Partly why they hardly sold any [recession]...I'd venture to say it's about the same as $38-39k now.

At that same time, T/A's and fully loaded Z28 (3rd gen; IROC's last year was '90) was getting close to mid-20's...Now that I think about it, anything at low 20's could get you a lot then and around 30-ish now. We used to look at/drive all the new cars then and the VR-4 seemed pretty expensive at the time.

RayH

I have my sticker also from when I bought it. It was cheaper than a loaded Maxima SE or Taurus SHO which were other comparable cars out at the time.

Of course the window sticker price was not what you paid
Window sticker price on mine is $ 24,062.00 we actually paid $ 18,000.00
(no trade in)
We bought it last week July - was last one - on showroom floor. They wanted it out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts