The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Storing a transmission, what size container?

Hertz

Staff member
I need to store a transmission for awhile and I'm trying to figure out what size/type of container will work best.

So far, I'm thinking 35 gallon is about right. click

Am I on the right track? ... aside from the box being baby blue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

BoostedAWD91

yeah that should fit. Their are a few big bins from walmart u can get that will fit them

G

Staff member
That should work. If you get the type with wheels they are easier to drag around.

nrvous

There is one bin that was perfect for shipping the transmissions around in. I almost forget what mine looks like, since Tim has had it for a few years. I think this is the one, but I would have to check the dimensions.

click

Stephen

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Ryan, I have a TRE box at my house still, nothing in it. It's big though.

Last edited:

blacksheep

Go to goodwill and look for large suitcases with wheels - that walmart box costs a grip. I just threw away 3 TRE boxes as well - those are pretty beefy and I could have shipped them to you for free...Sorry!

14u2nV

Do you have to have it in a container? Wrapping one in a trash bag makes for good storage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

G

Staff member
He said store not ship.

Quoting nrvous:
There is one bin that was perfect for shipping the transmissions around in. I almost forget what mine looks like, since Tim has had it for a few years. I think this is the one, but I would have to check the dimensions.

click

Stephen

marvinmadman

Ice chest from Wal-Mart. Seriously, you could ship it in one. I did a transfer case that made it OK.

Hertz

Staff member
Oh I would love to have a garage full of those gnarly Contico containers. I used to have a bunch of Rubbermaid Roughneck containers, had to ditch them moving once (go figure) because they didn't fit in the car... but alas money is an issue.

thanks for all the input guys.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts