The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What parts are these?

pot

Staff member
I was wondering if I could get a little help from my friends in trying to figure out what these parts are. I have an inkling however I'm not 100% sure. Please see picture below:

CarRacer

The ring in the lower left looks like the holder for the charcoal canister.

The bracket on the lower right looks like the mount for the hood latch on the core support. I'm not one hundred percent on that, but I think it comes from that area.

Kenny_Kline

I have seen most those parts before but I cant remember where they come from. The one on the bottom left looks to be a charcoal canister bracket. I know that much...

RayH

Bracket on lower right looks like the one that attaches to the engine right above the power steering pump. Some people remove it for better access to the rightmost exhaust manifold bolt.

464/2K

On the left going down, injector transistor pack, clutch line bracket, char. Canister.... In the middle the big thing... Never seen, bracket for ps lines that run next to the timing cover, and on the right, i wanna say hood hinge??

bazeng

464/2K I have my money on.

That middle big thing, no idea what that is, never seen it before.
As for hood hinge, it does look like it, but I cant say I ever pulled on apart myself. A bit too lazy to go out and check out the AMG either. Other than that I agree with what was said.

Last edited:

belize1334

Piece on the lower right is the engine lift mount. It mounts near the power steering pump and is used for lifting the engine out of the bay.

The_Big_Weave

I think the middle one is the lower bracket that goes under in the intake manifold for support.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts