The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: evo 8 IC piping kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Guys, I am going to be doing a run of IC piping kits again. I am needing a head count of those who are interested. If you have no idea what these are, it's basically a kit that allows you to use a stock evo 8 or this ebay intercooler. This time I am also only going to do piping, you will be responsible for the 2g Throttle body elbow couplers and clamps, which I will give a shopping list as to what is needed. I personally use siliconeintakes.com for couplers, but you can use who ever you want. Please respond here ONLY if you SERIOUS about purchasing a kit... the last thing I need is people to bail on me last minute, as I am jobless and not requiring a deposit. I owe 1 kit to treefidy which will be the first I build, so that will mean I will probably push out 6 or 7 others. All piping will be stainless steel, I can do polished or raw SS. I am also offering the option of mild steel with powder coating. All options are the same cost.

The BOV flange is your choice, I can get SS tial, greddy, HKS, or stock. Cost is going to be $290 shippped each kit, which will equate to about $390 with couplers and clamps and the elbow. Upside is that the entire cost for a FMIC that is good for ~450hp is under $500.

Here is an example of kits I have done in the past:

DSC05580.jpg

DSC05576.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

Brunoboy

im in, Jon I been saving all thats left of my money for one,

Also guys just to clarify the welds are TIG and SS filler rod is used to prevent corrosion. Also the piping is 2.5in in diameter.

mean_green

Quoting Jonvr4:
This time I am also only going to do piping, you will be responsible for the 2g Throttle body elbow couplers and clamps, which I will give a shopping list as to what is needed. I personally use siliconeintakes.com for couplers, but you can use who ever you want.

You can you explain more on this please? Im interested in a kit as well but want to know what your talking about to make it work...

Thanks,
-Alan

If you look at the pics posted, a 2g throttle body elbow is used. 2 straights, 1 90*, 1 45*, and a 1.75-2.5in couplers are used.

mean_green

Do you have any more pictures on how the piping is routed?

Im just a little concerned how this is going to work behind my passenger side healight with my intake pipe and a different radiator.

Thanks,
-Alan

I may be able to, but need measurements showing where the compressor exit is. I have a car I can use, but not sure if it's the same since it has a different manifold on it.

100_1843.jpg

100_1844.jpg

100_1845.jpg

100_1846.jpg

if i decide to get some the lower pipe would just have to come straight over and i would just get a 90* coupler to come off the turbo onto the ic piping

Dialcaliper

Does this include a J-pipe/flange, or are you just using a coupler to the stock (or 2G?) pipe? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Also, can you make them like the top picture for a NA throttle body, or are you just planning to do the 2G elbow style?

The stock J pipe is used in conjunction with a 1.75-2.5in coupler. The 2G throttle body elbow is used, but you can use a 1g NA t body with a 45* coupler. The pic with the NA tbody is a kit I did for someone that had a long style set up. The kit I am offering now is used with a 2g elbow.

Brunoboy

hey jon, so the I/C itself has to be mounted upside down???

ktmrider

Hey John, I was going to get with a local fabber on some replacement pipes for the stock rubber ones. I would not mind throwing the business your way to help out while between jobs if interested.
I have a non-RS type FMIC and was going to use 2" pipes with bead-rolled ends.

COBHC

Before I say I'm in for sure, what kind of modification needs to be done to the car, any cutting, trimming, etc?

Also, would it be the same price picked up?

Thanks
Tyler

Last edited:

Quoting brunoboy:
hey jon, so the I/C itself has to be mounted upside down???

Yes it does, but this enables the IC piping to only be about 4 1/2 foot long in total.

Quote:
Hey John, I was going to get with a local fabber on some replacement pipes for the stock rubber ones. I would not mind throwing the business your way to help out while between jobs if interested.
I have a non-RS type FMIC and was going to use 2" pipes with bead-rolled ends.

Mike, I can do that but would need you to ship your IC to me. I use welded beads rather than bead rolled ends, but they are basically as tall as a rolled bead, and we have yet to loose an IC pipe under full boost, even with worm clamps. My bro has a 3065 running 25+psi and never had any issues.

Quote:
Before I say I'm in for sure, what kind of modification needs to be done to the car, any cutting, trimming, etc?

Also, would it be the same price picked up?

Tyler, yes you can pick it up, and it would be about $30 cheaper. If you look above you can see the head lamp supports do have to be modified to allow the piping to get to the IC. It doesn't really change the integrity of the head light mount itself, so there is really no negative affect to cut these down a bit. You are more then welcome to come by and check out the routing.

COBHC

Sounds good, I think I would like to come by and check it out first. Let me know what works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts