The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR4 Monte Carlo Gearbox - Pics inside

bazeng

Hi guys, I thought I'd share some pics of the box freshen up and kaaz LSD install..

It seems that the difference between the Monte Carlo WQNK box VS the EVO1-2-3 style boxes are very minor.

They all have the 3.909 ratio gearset.
The EVO's have double syncro's on different gears depending on the year.
The VR4 monte box do not have double syncro's at all.
The VR4 monte / RS box's and EVO box's all have steel forks.

They all have the oil filter on the housing which I believe standard VR4's do not.

This box was pulled apart, inspected with only 60,000km's on the clock off a stock standard monte carlo JSPEC. It will be used in my brothers AMG GALANT (FWD) hence the Viscous Coupling Eliminator. Also a Kaaz 1.5 way front LSD was installed into this box. Originally it was an open diff.

Enjoy

Steam Cleaned goodness

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned