The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Name these plugs

Trying to figure out if any of these need to be plugged in, been about a year since I have messed with a 1G and I have nothing to reference off.

This is the main one. It comes from the harness that has the coolant sensors, this plug has a blue wire coming out of it.

plug1.jpg

The 2 firewall plugs I believe are emissions related.

plug2.jpg

plug3.jpg

GVR4_1057

First one looks like the one for the sensor closest to the head on the back of the thermostat housing.

The second one is cruise control for the big one and fuel pressure solenoid for the small one.

The second pair the large oval plug is the one you jumper to ground to set timing, Not sure of the other but it does not hook to anything

Thanks.

Off that one loom is 2 1 wire plugs like that, the other fits better onto the sensor on the tstat housing as this one does not appear as long, so I was thinking it was to something else, unless I am missing a sensor on my t stat housing. Does that make sense?

I thought all the other ones did not matter, sounds like I was right on them.

GVR4_1057

The blue one goes in back. I think the front single wire is green or something.

Rausch

Quoting GVR4_1057:

The second pair the large oval plug is the one you jumper to ground to set timing, Not sure of the other but it does not hook to anything

The other is the fuel pump test connector. Should have 12v with the pump running.

Quoting GVR4_1057:
The blue one goes in back. I think the front single wire is green or something.

Back of the Tstat housing?

GVR4_1057

Yes, Back toward the bottom next to the head.

Found it, thanks guys.

That stupid plug was hiding good. Now to figure out this damn CEL light and I will be driving the damn thing finally.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned