The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR4 *931/2000* for $2850 OBO in Northern NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

I bought this car from a forum member with all the intentions in the world of making it perfect. Started off strong too... but my desire has since fizzled. Body is in decent condition but has faded paint. This car runs great, has a few exhaust leaks and a couple minor repairs needed but has been my daily driver for about a year now. Unfortunatel my interest has dwindled. By driving this car I don't get to enjoy my other cars and I feel the car would be in better hands of someone who will enjoy it more.

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 (931/2000)
160k miles (estimated)

Under the hood:
-Stock engine
-90-style external oil cooler
-Evo3 16G turbo
-2G manifold
-XS Power FMIC w/ 2.5” intercooler piping
-2G MAS w/ aftermarket intake
-Greddy Profec Type-S boost electronic boost controller
-750cc injectors
-Keydiver stage 3 chip with compensation for 750cc injectors, adjustable stutterbox knock gauge, 7500 redline, & octane reset
-Apexi SAFC
-Denso 290 lph fuel pump
-Full Throttle Tech bolt-on adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Drivetrain:
-TRE Stage 1 transmission
-ACT 2600 clutch
-3-bolt LSD rear end (four-wheel steering eliminated)
-Newer Lancer rims in black

Suspension/Brakes:
-H&R springs, Koni yellow shocks
-Tein camber plates for front struts
-Stainless steel brake lines

Interior:
-Unknown steering wheel (hub adaptor will fit Spearco/Momo steering wheels)
-Isspro gauges for Boost, Oil Pressure, Exhaust Gas Temperature
-Factory shifter replaced with unit from '93 DSM

Exterior:
-'89-spec tail lights
-'89-spec grille

The bad:
-Needs minor bodywork (clearcoat is faded on hood & roof)
-Clutch throwout bearing needs replacement - will include parts to do this
-Mileage on odometer does not reflect actual vehicle mileage (gauge cluster was replaced by PO)
-Front rotors need resurfacing/replacement - will include new pads
-Needs rear wheel bearing
-No AC, no cruise (replaced throttle cable with non-cruise model)

Items included with sale:
-OEM 4-spoke steering wheel
-Set of four Belize Green '92 5-spoke wheels w/ snow tires
-Set of 4 Belize Green 91 stock wheels with no tires
-New front brake pads, clutch fork, TO bearing, e-brake cables
-Inspection good until Dec 09

Asking price: $2850 obo
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 973-713-0653

Here are some pictures of the car. Never mind the "battery tie down". Since this picture I installed a proper one.

galant1.jpg

galant2.jpg

galant3.jpg

galant4.jpg

Thanks, Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Car is still available but if it doesn't go by this weekend will go on Craiglist. Will also include datalogger cable and older laptop.

Well you are right down the street. You should come and buy it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have someone coming Saturday and hopefully it will be going into his hands, which I would love, because he is a long time DSMer and friend. keep the car in the family. if not, Craiglist and eGAY it is!

jesus_ralliart

yea ive been reading it on njdsm that ur friend is commin to pick it up, "thats why im not all over this yet". but then again, im sure if i really tried i could get the money together in decemeber.

if your friend doesnt pick it up, im gonna try like hell to do so, so dont egay or craigslist it so some punkass buys it and destroys it....

NateCrisman

I ended up striking the deal to buy this GVR4 with my good buddy Rich. Yeah. Sucked back into an old mitsubishi like a bad crack habit. I had been clean for over a year, and pretty much out of spending effort on these cars since I sold DSMotorsport in early 07.

Thanks Rich...Ill fix it up.

3rdstrikedsm

ha ha ^^ Welcome back to the dark side.

That is how I got the car! I was clean for a year but got an itch for a GVR4. Same thing sucked me in... car ran great, needed very little mechnically, needed some exterior love and was priced right. I loved the car but it is time to move on. I need something else, just not sure what. I am just DSMed out. Glad to see it stays in the family and in the hands of someone who can fix it 10x better then I ever could. Thanks Nate!

atc250r

Staff member
Welcome back Nate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts