The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Best Tuning in nj

Does anyone know the best place to get a tune in nj or surrounding area? Im just trying to get all my information together in preparation of getting my galant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Turbo Trix is world famous, Everyone around me takes the 1.5h trip from OC, NY to use them. 4WD dyno, they tune S-AFC - DSMLink - AEM ems

oh ok i have heard of them cool they must be good if ppl are willing to go that far

THEKID

I don't like turbo trix you want it tuned go see bert everybody has heard of bullish racing he started that company then sold it to ara he builds and has many world records for supras and can tune anything and best of all he is in clifton if you want me to hook you up with him pm me

Lonewolf64

Does JNZ tuning offer any in house services? I know they are located in New Jersey.

atc250r

Staff member
Right in Linden:

Sean Ivey - Ivey Tune

Sean is a great guy who does a fantastic job. He is who I would go to if I were ready to have my car tuned.

John

Nate

Ara Arslanian started Bullish Racing, and I think you're referring to George, not Bert. George worked at Rally Motorsports when Ara hired him to run tune the twin Solaras.

Ivey is a very good tuner, Turbotrix will do you right, or you can call JNZ in Pa. I don't think JNZ has an in-house dyno yet, but I believe they have access to one.

THEKID

actually ara dident start bullish it was started by Bert Gaertner who still builds some of the fastest supras around icludeing manny cruiz and pepe loco's cars ara still owns bullish and it still is a registered buisness and he still has the building in lodi but he dosent race anymore and has sold off alot of the custom 1 off parts to other top racers as far as turbo trix i personally never delt with them but many of my customers have in the past and they are not happy as far as ivy he is a cool guy but the dude that works the desk i dont know what his deal is but whatever bert recientley tuned a 1g fwd that was built by turbo joe of west milford nj and has a stock motor with 157,000 miles on it the only internal upgrade is 272 cams it has a bep s200 turbo internally gated ecs front mount jmf intake aem ems 30psi of boost i put down 416hp to the wheels on the mustang dyno and runs an 11.6 the dyno he uses is an awd mustang dyno

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting atc250r:
Right in Linden:
Sean Ivey - Ivey Tune
Sean is a great guy who does a fantastic job. He is who I would go to if I were ready to have my car tuned.
John

He's a great guy but he doesn't tune Dsmlink, VPC or SAFC.

"Tuning and setup/install of almost any standalone engine management systems. Specializing in Haltech, AEM, Autronic, and Motec systems. "

Quoting atc250r:
Right in Linden:

Sean Ivey - Ivey Tune

John

i thought ivey only did evos i would like to take it to him though

atc250r

Staff member
Ivey definitely does other cars besides Evos but I guess he only does standalone stuff. My second choice would probably be TurboTrix.

John

jesus_ralliart

Sean ivey is good but he is pricey. Also, he seems to net the same awhp numbers for evos w/ boltons... always 330whp ish. Odd but it works and is a reliable tune.

Turbotrix...... no f***ing way. The horror stories that come from this place are ridiculous. For every one person that is satisfied with turbotrix there are at least 20-30 who are not. My friend had his cluth done there(he upgraded) and the next day he had x-fer case whine. Why? Not to sure, but then again he was told to not go there and he did. But by far my favorite story was of a talon or something to that nature. Kid(16,17,18-21) goes to get his lightly modded talon tuned at turbotrix. They tune it and get some huge numbers out of his stock motor like 400whp or something of the nature. Not even two miles after leaving turbotrix, the motor blows. Kid walks back to turbotrix and they turn him away saying its not their problem. I'm sure there are plenty more out there and i actually have a few more stories but then again if i never met you, then they are just stories to you.

Sean Ivey - He can tune anything and wire a car from the ground up which not too many tooners can do.

Daryl

Gordian79

Quoting THEKID:
actually ara dident start bullish it was started by Bert Gaertner who still builds some of the fastest supras around icludeing manny cruiz and pepe loco's cars ara still owns bullish and it still is a registered buisness and he still has the building in lodi but he dosent race anymore and has sold off alot of the custom 1 off parts to other top racers as far as turbo trix i personally never delt with them but many of my customers have in the past and they are not happy as far as ivy he is a cool guy but the dude that works the desk i dont know what his deal is but whatever bert recientley tuned a 1g fwd that was built by turbo joe of west milford nj and has a stock motor with 157,000 miles on it the only internal upgrade is 272 cams it has a bep s200 turbo internally gated ecs front mount jmf intake aem ems 30psi of boost i put down 416hp to the wheels on the mustang dyno and runs an 11.6 the dyno he uses is an awd mustang dyno

Actually from what i remember Ara did start bullish.Ara was a Day trader in wall street.He got the name from the term Bull Market hence the name Bullish.Also FYI Manny Cruz is Tuned by a kid in the bronx.

Anyways Turbotrix is a horror show.Ivey is pricey but one of the best around.depends on what your going to tune.for flashes go to ivey once you are 100% sure that you are done with mods because it cost $500 for a flash.

THEKID

yea people should really do their research before talking before it was bullish it was prostore owned and operated by Bert Gaertner who sold it to ara and helped turn it into bullish and was the engine builders for the twin solaras and the aem drag car look for your self bullish team and many does get tuned in the bronx bolth his supra and cugar motor are built by bert i see manny and at the shop all the time

Last edited:

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting THEKID:
yea people should really do their research before talking before it was bullish it was prostore owned and operated by Bert Gaertner who sold it to ara and helped turn it into bullish and was the engine builders for the twin solaras and the aem drag car look for your self bullish team and many does get tuned in the bronx bolth his supra and cugar motor are built by bert i see manny and at the shop all the time

And you could use some punctuation/grammar before posting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gordian79

Quoting THEKID:

Yes prostore was berts but Ara came up with bullish.i know bert builds soloras motors(which have been many) and cougars motors were built by Duttwieller supposely.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned