The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

thermostat coolant temp. sensor wire snap off!

The wire harness that connect to the coolant sensor snap off. I think it's call the pigtail. Anyone have any clue how i could fix that or replace it?

JSchleim18

You're more than likely going to have to source one from any 6-bolt 4G63 (turbo or non-turbo). I'm not too sure about a 7-bolt sensor plug or pigtail working.

Just cut about 6" of wire off and solder the new pigtail to the wire.

CP

Splice in a new connector. If you look around a junker's wireing harness, there are several connectors that will work.

From a thread of mine several months ago: "The rear speakers in GVR4/DSM use the same pigtail as the coolant sensor."

toybreaker

iconoclast
^^^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Anyone have any clue how i could fix that or replace it?

I think I still have a few left.

Pm me your shipping address, and I'll get you one in the mail on monday.

CP

toybreaker to the rescue yet again!

381gvr4

Toybreaker, we need to set up a East coast trip for you(no wrenching)!!!!! You're the man!

If you have factory speakers in the back of your car. The plug is the same,just remember to cut enough to solder it back and use female connecters to put the wires back to the speakers

This has happened to me before and I didn't have a spare pigtail handy. I believe there is a way to remove the metal from the plastic, no? And then run the wire through, crimp it and pull the metal back into the plastic housing. ??

Idk... but the sensor wire broke off right on the plastic plug... i dont think i could rewire it?..

toybreaker

iconoclast
Sleeper, I'll get you a pigtail in the mail today.

If you need the car, Sammis trick will work, and then you can replace the speaker pigtail with what I'm sending you. (Be sure to reconnect/isolate the speaker wire ends, and don't let them touch bare metal, or you'll pop one of the output stages of your head unit or amp.)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts