The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM shop manuals. photoshop help required.

misterfixit

Hi All, have a pretty comprehensive set of shop manuals for the galant. here are some covers from the more obscure. my collection is by no means complete, but i'd like to share them in some archive format that all can see. However I'd like to emboss the pages with a logo that will render them un ebayable.

Here are the jdm 4g6 shop manual (this is 88.7) i have the updates that cover the amg and the rs as well.

heres the jdm trans manual

here's the effect i am trying to achieve.

Taken from oople .com

Have much cool stuff but i want to lock it down before sharing it. (the trans manual was $65! the engines was $80...

Rich

eviLntt

Let me see if the girlfriend can help, she does a lot of digital watermarks for her modeling photos. Come to think of it, I think she might use a program made just for watermarking.

s_firestone

If your going to put them in a format that is universal just use Adobe PDF. If you just want to do watermarking, just go download BIMP Lite (Batch Image Processor). It will let you do text watermarks and its free.

misterfixit

I will eventually get them back into pdf. but the watermarkhas to be emblazened across each page, i'll have a look at bimp lite and see what that does.

Rich

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I've got this page earmarked. This is really opening up my eyes to the overseas market for shop manuals. We don't hear about many guys getting the factory manuals over there for some reason.

misterfixit

Right peeps,

I've finally got this watermark thing working!! Here's the cover off the trans manual.

Got it locked down.. All the pages have the galantvr4.org logo faded into the background. they are all images with the watermark mixed in. and the pdfs. are protected. I'm sure once hosted it won't be long before they on ebay from some scum, but i hope they'll remain free and accessible for all and a testemony to this great site and community.

now here comes the bit i have no idea about, i need someone to set up an area with a contents page. I also need to know wo to send the files to . they are all good quality, (the trans book is 108 pages and 48mb).

I'll do the homologation papers next.

Here's the manual list (scanned);
JDM trans 4wd vcu (covers switchable tranny)
JDM trans 4AT.
4G3 engine 87.10, 88.10 and 89.9
FIA group A and Group N homologation papers.
All of world wiring manuals (Europe, aus honkong, gcc general export) 88-90
Europe wiring manuals, 90-92
rest of world wiring manuals 91-92

Main factory manual (non usdm, non jdm, covers everywhere else) these sections scanned only (this mother is three 3" thick binders)
Export body repair manual section of factory galant manual
Engine
powerplant mount
lubrication
interior
Exterior

still to scan.
1989 non usdm non jdm technical information manual
1988 sohc fuel injection technical information manual
dohc thechnical information manual (auf deutsch)
4at tech information manual (auf deutsch)
1989 usdm galant training manual
Jdm technical information manual 1987.10 1988.10 1989.9
JDm shop manual 1987.10 1988.10 1989.9
jdm wiring manual 1987.10 1988.10 1989.9

hope this gives some indication of the scale of the reference library i'd like to see us be able to set up.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif
Now you can see why i wanted to be able to lock this stuff down.

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jepherz

Staff member
Awesome! I'd like to say it would be perfect to have them in the how-to section, but that seems like it would require a lot of bandwidth...

Hertz

Staff member
We have lots of bandwidth.

Do you know how to FTP? I can set you up so that you can send the files directly into the board.

misterfixit

That would be ideal!

pm me the info i need and i'll spoon them up. can a library page be set up to link to them?

rich

misterfixit

Right peeps.

the homologation papers are ready to upload.

Rich
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned