The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Looking for a WB O2 what one should i get?

Flip4G63

Last edited:

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Run a search on google for "wideband shootout" for more details but this was the bottom line. I have the AEM.

chart_lg.jpg

Last edited:

Go with the innovate DB kit, I sell the crap out of them. Everyone loves them and they are the best bang for your buck.

Flip4G63

Ahh I remember that awile back now.

Thanks!!

The XD-16 was top on my list any way.. I guess that is what i'll go with..

Flip4G63

Quoting digit:
Go with the innovate DB kit, I sell the crap out of them. Everyone loves them and they are the best bang for your buck.

you posted while i was posting.

how accurate is it to the XD kit? as you can see from my list that was my second option.

Same quality/read out just a different display. XD has more display options and the DB is just a numeric LCD display in whichever color you choose(blue or red).

Scientist

Here is a more updated shootout
Quote:
"For the price, this meter went toe-to-toe with the NTK and Motec. One of the best traits we found on this meter was the fact it can display EGT, RPM, TPS, Boost, Vacuum along with on five-volt reference all at one time. While we didn't get to test the optional inputs, the mere fact it is capable of logging these inputs at this price is incredible. Some of the features are additional options that must be purchased separately. Based on price this meter is the best bang for your buck".

zeitronix.accuracy.gif

If I had to do it again I'd get something other than Innovate. I have the LC-1 with DB gauge kit and I have to calibrate the thing every week. It reads fine for around a week then starts reading all over the place. It really pisses me off. I don't know if mine is faulty or what, but damn it's annoying.

What sensor are you using? You probably need a new sensor and don't cheap out and go with a bosch sensor. No matter how good product is if you use a cheap sensor the unit will perform poorly.

Scientist

Quoting UtahGalant:
If I had to do it again I'd get something other than Innovate. I have the LC-1 with DB gauge kit and I have to calibrate the thing every week. It reads fine for around a week then starts reading all over the place. It really pisses me off. I don't know if mine is faulty or what, but damn it's annoying.

Ok i thought it was only me having bad luck with them. Two units i've tried using have been giving me haywire readings, one has a XD-16 and the other is just an LC-1 i had connected to my laptop

Quoting Scientist:
Here is a more updated shootout

Quoting Scientist:
this was published by Import Tuner July 2004

Then yours is actually the outdated one. This is the thread from which Adrian got the picture and was talking about.

click

And I would take any information the ford muscle magazine did in 07 over what import tuners did in 04.

(No Offense)

Quoting Scientist:
Ok i thought it was only me having bad luck with them. Two units i've tried using have been giving me haywire readings, one has a XD-16 and the other is just an LC-1 i had connected to my laptop

What sensor were you using? I hope didn't use the same sensor for both units. Also where did you have the unit tied into the exhaust at?

Last edited by a moderator:

Scientist

I used the sensors that came from innovate. they were both brand new units. I installed them on the downpipe where the Second O2 sensor usually goes.

The ford muscle one data is kind of skewed, since they used the Innovate software to run all the widebands instead of their respective software. In some cases they gave widebands that came with no software points for software. And ontop of that the event was sponsored by innovate

Quoting Scientist:
The ford muscle one data is kind of skewed, since they used the Innovate software to run all the widebands instead of their respective software. In some cases they gave widebands that came with no software points for software. And ontop of that the event was sponsored by innovate

Where do you see this information at? I didn't see anywhere where it says it sponsored by innovate(however the magazine is sponsored by innovate it doesn't say the test is). Also where do you see they gave points to the units that came with no software software points? Next to all the ones that came with no software it says N/A.

Maybe I'm just missing something.

Flip4G63

ok so now i'm confused.

innovate is supposed to be one of the top companys for WB units.. yet all these people are having problems with them.

is there anyone running one that works right?

i was fixing to order it untill i read all this now its got me thinking again.

Flip4G63

ok so after all this talk about the other WB kits.

i'm thinking about spending the extra on the Zeitronics ZT2 with the ZR2 16in 1 gauge.

zeitronics ZT2
ZR-2 16 in 1 gauge

thoughts? any bad luck using this set up?

i dont wanna have to buy 2 WBs down the road because one sucks so i wanna buy a nice one the first time

icurunnin

Just buy two and which ever you dont want you can ship my way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quoting Flip4G63:
ok so after all this talk about the other WB kits.

i'm thinking about spending the extra on the Zeitronics ZT2 with the ZR2 16in 1 gauge.

zeitronics ZT2
ZR-2 16 in 1 gauge

thoughts? any bad luck using this set up?

i dont wanna have to buy 2 WBs down the road because one sucks so i wanna buy a nice one the first time

I have sold over 100 innovate wb kits with no complaints or problems. Either the two people in this thread have faulty units or sensors(probably the latter). All they have to do is call up the distributor they purchased it from and they will replace it or fix it.

jepherz

Staff member
I have the LC-1 and have had it installed in my car over a year. Granted, it doesn't see much use, but that means it should be even less of a problem. After I had had it installed about 4 months, it would just cycle no matter what, much like it does while warming up, between 9 and 21 AFR or whatever the limits are. It was so fubar that my laptop couldn't even communicate with it. I had to send it back to innovate, which is a huge PITA since this unit has wiring built in (Huge disadvantage to this unit). Like I had always heard, though, their customer service was really good, and they had to reflash the unit before sending it back. I installed it about 6 months ago, have maybe 150 miles on the car, and so far I've had no problems.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned