The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 Ford Mustang, Indy, IN $4,000 FIRM

gvr4ever

This is a black 5sp LX hatch. This is a dent less pretty clean fox body with minimal rust and NO cancer holes. Not even under the car.

BBK long tube headers,
BBK off road H pipe (only I had magnaflow cats welded in)
Trick flow stage 1 cam
Trickflow intake manfifold
75 MM TB
BBK CAI
Brand new 3.73 Ford racing gears and the rear end was rebuilt by a Ford mechanic(local Indystar).
New Ford Racing SS (Arvin) cat back exhaust.
I just installed and still breaking in a Spec stage 1 clutch.
Aluminum drive shaft

Little things, but everything helps out. I've replaced the starter solenoid, 02 sensors, tires that still have most of the tread left, sealed the sun roof (it doesn't leak in a car wash, changed a flex light fan with a taurus 3.8l fan, and probably some other things that I'm forgetting.

It's ready for the road.

I am also looking to trade for the right 5sp veeetec Honda as well.

I'll upload some new pics soon. It was stored this winter tho, so not much has changed. Wife has the camera on a trip right now, so new ones later this week.

Last edited:

gvr4ever

I unhooked the speedo at 90K because the tripometer was reading about 30% fast and the speeometer was bouncing around. The car had 4.10 gears and you can't order a new speedo gear without changing a transmission part, but now that it has 3.73s I can hook it back up again and order a new speedo gear for it.

Due to the shape of the car, I believe the miles are about right. No way in hell does it have 190K miles. The locks work when it's freezing out, and new cut keys work on everything.

I'll take pics of under the car when I get my camera back.

It's dark and cold out, but I'll post a vin tomorrow. Carfax shows the miles slowly going up over the years.

gvr4ever

No, I haven't fixed the speedo yet. I had trouble finding a used one. I found a site that has repair parts for the speedometer itself and speedo gears for the trans. It might get fixed this month if I get the time.

gvr4ever

Craigs list

With a few more pics.

If you want a detailed pic of something, or have questions, please ask.

This "might" get traded in next week on another car, so if you want a non rusted fox body, please speak up.

I was looking under the hood of the car today and this really is a rust free car. VERY CLEAN.

gvr4ever

Still for sale or trade, or trade + cash for Si, or sporty Toyota, or possible a subie.

Recently installed a new clutch cable, used gage cluster with white face gages (speedo was busted on the old one) and a 3.55 speedo gear.

Really looking to get no less then $4800. She tears down the road really well and is very reliable.

gvr4ever

Open to non insulting offers. I need her gone so I can buy a newer 4cyl DD. If you ever wanted a fox body, this one is ready to go. I drive it out of town often and it is very reliable.

gvr4ever

I really don't want another GVR4. It cost enough to keep one up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Besides, I only have enough sanity for one.

At the moment, I really want to sell it out right. My mom wants a new Camry this fall (for some reason) and hers has 61K miles on it, so I just want to buy hers. I know the history on it and it's in really good shape. It's not my dream car, but I really need something that gets good fuel economy. I know I can't go wrong with a 61K miles Camry that has always been garaged and cared for.

gvr4ever

Shooting for $4500.

Anyone?

I should be starting a new job soon, but I need to travel a lot. I want to buy my Mom's Toyota and sell the Mustang. My Galant is my long term toy car and I need a 4cyl DD.

Anyone?

Please make non insulting offer. If someone has the time, and space. They could part it apart for a lot more, or drive it as is. She is quick, runs on 87 pump and is ready for action. It's just not what I need right now.

Thanks for the space.

William

Last edited:

gvr4ever

$4,400. Motivated seller. It's on other forums and craigs list. I'm going to drop it $100 a week until it sells.

I'm getting tons of emails, but all window shoppers who can't afford it I guess. No one shows up with cash.

If you make a offer and I'm in the right mood, I might just take it. Still not in the mood for total low ball offers tho.

gvr4ever

Wow, another buyer who couldn't show up with cash.

Still for sale, or trade.

Looking for a sport bike, 5sp 4cyl NA import with no power adders (prefer close to sock). Or a TDI. Possible trade + cash on pre 04s. Would like a 5sp, but not needed.

Down to 4200. I don't want to go any lower. This car is pretty quick, faster then new GTs and reliable enough to be a DD.

Last edited:

gvr4ever

Speedo is fixed btw. I got a used cluster that had 60xK miles on it, so it does read differently now. Now has white face gages.

gvr4ever

At 4K now.

Craigs list

This car is quick, faster then a new GT.

It just doesn't fit my needs or personality. I really want it sold. I got a Toyota DD to buy.

Last edited:

gvr4ever

Bump. I really want to sell it so I don't have to store it this winter. Tire thrashing bastard child needs good home.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned