The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

how to install an EVO steering wheel (UPDATE with pics)

I am trying to find somone who has installed an EVO steering wheel in a Galant?
I can get one just want to know it will work first.

Thanks to anyone that can help

Last edited by a moderator:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Send it to me and I will get it figured out for you, no charge.

I installed a 3g Eclipse steering wheel in mine. Bolted right on but I have to figure out the horn. I had it working but it stopped. I would remove the actual inflator unit and leave the airbag in for proper feel.

JB

Quote:
I would remove the actual inflator unit and leave the airbag in for proper feel.

That would be a shitty surprise... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

you cant mount the evo wheel on the galants, there not the same, i know someone who has it on there but they had to weld it to the shaft becasue the evo wheel and a different hole in the center.

My EVO 6 RS steering wheel bolted right on? The horn doesn't work and it's not 100% but it works well and without a boss kit

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I figured they'd be pretty similar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I got it to work !!
all you need a Momo adapter and a good Friend that's an engineer
I'll post pics soon

Ralli380Gvr4

I just got a evo steering wheel for $50. looking to do the same thing, what momo hub are you using?

Ralli380Gvr4

Quote:
pics? update??

+1

Sorry it took so long
if any one is looking for the mounting plate we made let me know and I'll talk to the guy that cut it for me.

I'll have pics up by the end of the day.

There are 4 bolt holes that hold the air bag in. So what I did was have a plat made that I could bolt up to those holes, you will need to remove the airbag also you will need a Momo adapter to then bolt to the plate. Reinstall the back cover and thats it slide the wheel with adapter attached over the main steering bolt and your good.
Take the ring that goes around the airbag and the airbag cover it self and epoxy them together, then they will snap back on the wheel. Be careful when removing the the ring you don't snap the clips. I used a Dremel with a cut wheel to cut the cover from the airbag.I would lock tight all nuts and bolts but the main one.

Good Luck
and if any one needs the plate let me know and I'll look in to the cost.

Ralli380Gvr4

very interested in a mounting plate, lets see it with the horn cover on.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts