The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

under seat tray (anyone ever see one)

the overhead view you cant really see it. looks like its for tapes.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
what you guys think

gtluke

wtf
i don't think its factory
looks useful though

o yeah forgot to say that the four holes were even there.
didnt even get my car on the road yet to use it. should b soon
tho.

atc250r

Staff member
Yeah, alot of the Montero's had that. Maybe a Mitsu Accessory? Not easily accessible but its always nice to have a place to throw some more sh*t.

John

Last edited:

Quote:
that is some nice carpet

thanks. 3-4 hours of pressure washing.
looks good.
Quote:
I've seen those before but always on the first gen dodge caravans

also have them in the colts an mirages.

atc250r

Staff member
I wonder if it would fit the GVR4 too?

John

ehaab

Yes its factory fitted..its on my NA Galant...just to keep Tapes..
It slides neatly under the Front Passenger's seat..

V8EATER

Lots of vehicles have those. Minivans, luxury cars, and sometimes small passenger cars. I've never seen one on a Galant in all my years in the junkyards! That is defenitely cool.

Ian M

Hmm,I've never seen one of those either.

Then again,I've never really looked for a cassette holder-I was lucky enough to go from a '70s turntable/8-track combo to straight to CD as a kid back in the '80s,so I've never owned a cassette. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's pretty neat. Another place besides the glovebox for me to clutter with junk.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

speedyvr4

cool, one more thing to look for in a junkyard run! maybe my wife won't have as much sh*t thrown around in the vr4( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif) after she has one of those.

hmmm. Is that thing metal or plastic? Does it look like it could be reinforced? I need to find a convenient place to mount the safe. I was thinking about a custom deal in the armrest box, but wasn't sure if it would be deep enough for the safe I had in mind.

Quote:
I wonder if it would fit the GVR4 too?

John

think i got the complete setup in my basement from my colt. i'll check an see if it fits.
these are a little easier to come by.

Quote:
Is that thing metal or plastic? Does it look like it could be reinforced?

yes its plastic. not sure about the reinforcing. can try an take more pics if you wanna see something?

My taurus SHO had a locking drawer under the passenger seat, maybe that would fit in a GVR4, although I have never seen a SHO in the junk yard.

strokin4dr

The SHO seats are huge and sit up higher than the Galant's, I don't think there is any way to get it to even fit, much less lock.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned