The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EB: CU$CO front and rear strut bars

RayH

If you think that's expensive you should have seen what the GAB bars used to cost.

rheckert

^? I have always thought that things are discontinue when demand drops below a certin level. I would think a 15 year old car has reached that level by now.

I have seen them go for more then that. That is only the front in the auction in less I missed something.

SOLD with Buy it Now that was fast, I have a feeling a Colorado member bought that.

cobrajetguy

I bought them, couldn't let another set slip away. That really isn't a bad price, that is how much the Whteline ones are and I had a set of Whiteline's and they looked as cheap as all the generic bars. The Cusco's are the only ones I have ever seen that I have liked.

Peter

FYI: Peter that was just for the front bar but I agree the Whiteline Strut bars are not worth what they cost.

cobrajetguy

If you look in his other auctions there was a rear bar for sale, I bought it as well.

Peter

When they get there, let us know if you think they're 100% genuine or if they look like nock-off's. Last time I tried to source them there wasn't a single distributor in the US that had any and they weren't being made anymore so I'm wondering where they came from?

cobrajetguy

I will let you guys know as soon as I receive them, here is what Z1 Performance said to me when I asked about them being discontinued.

"I guess people were under the impression they are no longer made, and it's not the case. We are the largest volume Cusco dealer in the US, and as such, can offer anything that Cusco makes quite easily."

jcgalntvr4-244

Quote:
When they get there, let us know if you think they're 100% genuine or if they look like nock-off's. Last time I tried to source them there wasn't a single distributor in the US that had any and they weren't being made anymore so I'm wondering where they came from?

Thats not true I have a distributor that can get me every Cusco part they make even the roll cage and lsd....

Here is what he wrote me. As soon as I get my Front and rear bars I will inform everyone on who I use.

ok
here is what we have found for you............

for the front, there is a type os and type as strut tower bar...........
for the rear, there is a type os and a type as strut tower bar...........
the price for the os is 168.00 per bar and the type as is 136.00

there are roll cages avaialble for the car too.......the steel safety 21 version as well as the chromoly version too.......but have it from 4 point to 8 point style, with prices being all different, if u want to choose which style and which point style u want, please let us know, we can then furnish a quote for u on the cage...........

there are also pressure plate and clutch disk also aviallbe if u r intersted............

the type rs lsd is 1180.00
the type mz lsd is 1040.00

pillow ball upper mounts is also avaialble...........

as there are no coilovers for the car........

there are universal parts for the car that u can also get such as radiator cap, shiftknob, hood pins, oil catch tank, gt wing, exhaust bushing hangers, intercooler water spray nozzle and the intercooler water spray head contorl unit and etc. too..........

so let me know if u need any more specific pricings and if u want to order any of these.

Last edited:

I stand corrected. Guess I need to have a chat with my supplier or just call Cusco direct.

jcgalntvr4-244

dont take that the wrong way man no Pun intended I need to get with you on a Front mount for my car being built we need to talk sometime. How are your burns? you doing ok?

Thanks,
JC

RayH

How about a price quote for Cusco part #510 020 A /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Quote:

for the front, there is a type os and type as strut tower bar...........
for the rear, there is a type os and a type as strut tower bar...........
the price for the os is 168.00 per bar and the type as is 136.00

Are you saying we can get those cusco bars for that price? Let me know how to get them.

Thanks!

jcgalntvr4-244

When I Get mine I will tell you how the transaction went then tell you where to get them yes.

Thanks,
JC

Last edited:

I have GAB on my VR4, HUGE difference in handling.
Bruce /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is Cusco a high quality product??

Does Cusco sell nice stuff of high quality??

// Wolfy

JB

Yes comma yes they do.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts