The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Blinging Battery Tray

GVR4ZUM

This battery tray bolts on where the stock air can used to sit (uses the mounting). Please make sure your IC piping/bov will clear it. For $45 shipped + 3% paypal fee you get a STAINLESS STEEL tray and a holdown. Oh yeah it comes polished too for the bling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
This tray is really for an Interstate Tractor battery dcs-33h (cost about $65) but I'm sure you'll be able to fit similar or a little bigger type of batteries like odesseys etc.

For installation pics pls. check out Steve's post. web page

acustark

GREAT DEAL ON EBAY for the companion battery!! 12 Available
Interstate DCS-33 (same battery except w/o handle)
$15 Buy-It-Now with $32 shipping = $47 to your door.

link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

steve

That is a great price for that battery. I paid a little more than $60 and that was with a hookup.

GVR4ZUM

Thanks for posting that man, great price indeed.
Get your tray while they're hot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:

Just for clarification. I was looking at the battery poles in above picture & notice they aren't your standard 'round' poles. Where can one get the correct poles adapters from?

steve

I put ring terminals onto the ends of the battery cables and bolt them to those terminals with a nut and bolt.

quasimondo

Are these battery trays still available? I want to pick one up so I can move my battery back under the hood.

Yes, I just bought one from the ebay auction listed above. It hasn't arrived yet though. These trays also clears the 2.5" ic pipes in the ETS fmic kit being sold by RvlutionMtrsport Revolution Motorsports

GVR4ZUM

Quote:
Are these battery trays still available? I want to pick one up so I can move my battery back under the hood.

Yes, Mando these trays are still available. The guy that is making them with me has been extremely busy. Pls. give me about 2 weeks before I get them to ship out.

In addition to those who PMed me, I apologize for taking a little longer, but pls. just bear with me.

The size of this battery is L=7.5" W=5" H7.5". Any 12v battery that size will work.

14bCrazy

I found out that a Miata battery will fit this tray. The other one is a lawn tractor battery. I ended up with a Deka tractor battery with 410 cold cranking amps. The other one they had was the Miata one but it was closed cell and was $119 and was way heaver than the one that I got. I paid $41 for the one that I got.

GVR4ZUM

Battery trays are available again. Again I apologize for the delay. For those that pmed me pls. let me know if you still want one.
Thanks.

4G63_GSR

is there any bigger engine bay shots with the tray and battery bolted down? i'm gonna have to customize my own IC piping and need a better idea on how to get it done.

steve

Sorry, thats the only pics I took. Someone else should have something though.

Will Jesse's Intercooler kit clear it, Since I am going to a EVO mas I am curious bout the fitment?

1941Galant

"Yes, I just bought one from the ebay auction listed above. It hasn't arrived yet though. These trays also clears the 2.5" ic pipes Jesse is selling here"

Last edited:

GVR4ZUM

Quote:
more pictures....

Sorry, but the other pictures I have are pretty much the same angle that you see now.
What are you looking for?

GVR4ZUM

Quote:
"Yes, I just bought one from the ebay auction listed above. It hasn't arrived yet though. These trays also clears the 2.5" ic pipes Jesse is selling here"

Thanks for responding Hill.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts