The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4130 Chromoly rear camber arm

grocery_getter

Latest cool thing I build.

4130 chromoly rear camber arm. Teflon lined rod end bearing. Regreaseable (zerk fitting) balljoint end. No mickey mouse material. No mickey mouse heim ends, washers, 1/2" bolt etc to deal with. I machine a special metal bushings so the tie rod end just bolt onto the subframe with your original 14mm eccentric bolt. You use the camber arm to set your "rough" camber at home and then go get a real alignment and still be able to use the factory eccentric camber bolt to fine tune your camber number at the alignment shop.

Last edited by a moderator:

a_santos

Looks hot. Depending on the price, I would be interested. One thing to think of is that some people would not want to use their stock bolt because of the shape it's in.

Keep in mind that the recipe for these is out there, be it with different parts. So pricing will determine if these will sell or not. Look really good though.

ducttapeguy

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gifDamn. That is hawt. If I had money I would buy all of the cool stuff you make. Dare I ask what your prices are? Looks good.

Forget about the shitty meterial that the recipe gives! These are the real deal. If you want to be cheap and build your own set, be prepared to build at least two sets, as they do break. The chromoly tubing used on Andre's will not break. Time to man up, and do it right the first time!

grocery_getter

The recipe for the one out there is with the use the wrong size bolt. 1/2" bolt and washers is mickey mouse. Why would you want to downsize from the factory 14mm camber bolt to a 1/2" hardware? This one install with the original camber bolt for dual camber adjustment capability via the arm (rough) and the camber bolt (fine) itself. Or you can weld the camber washer for the camber bolt permanently to the subframe and have that bolt be permanently situated and do all your camber adjustment via the arm. Up to you.

The AFCO swaged tube used on the one out there is only made from regular mild steel. These are chromoly. Maybe you didnt understand what chromoly is. Like I said, serious product for serious racer. No mickey mouse parts. I hate mickey mouse parts.

As usual, everytime I make something that is nice and high quality and not bargain basement cheap, I will have some hater, but its ok. I expect that and will be able to deal with the hater better this time around. However, this is serious parts for serious guys only, if the chromoly arm ever bent, it will be the last of your problem. You'd lose your whole rear end to the wall or something crazy like that before this one will give you a problem.

Andre - thinking happy thoughts.

Relax andre, I'll hype your product more after you send me a FREE SPONSORED set!!!FTW!!!!!111oNe1111

marvinmadman

I have only one comment. As I do alignments for a living, the eccentric bolt should be thrown out. It does not give you fine adjustment but rather crude adjustment compared to the metric threads on the arms. It is way easier to adjust it that way than fight with the factory eccentric bolts.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

grocery_getter

On our application here, we actually weld the receiving washer to the subframe so to make the bolt located permanently. All of the adjustment are made in the arm like you said.

marvinmadman

Yeah you did a good thing. The eccentric bolts are a pain in the ass to get an accurate adjustment out of them sometimes. The damn thing change all the time when you tighten the other side of the bolt to lock it in place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Nice piece none the less. I've made my own arms with a combination of suspension parts from other cars. Nice having access to a lot of old inner and outer tie rods, control arms and sh*t. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Last edited:

Quote:
Forget about the shitty meterial that the recipe gives! These are the real deal. If you want to be cheap and build your own set, be prepared to build at least two sets, as they do break. The chromoly tubing used on Andre's will not break. Time to man up, and do it right the first time!

Agreed.

Quote:
Yeah you did a good thing. The eccentric bolts are a pain in the ass to get an accurate adjustment out of them sometimes. The damn thing change all the time when you tighten the other side of the bolt to lock it in place

I agree, after doing a subframe swap and tryign to get the other adjustable ecsentric bolts tightened I thought how much of a stupid pita they were.

Nice arms Andre, do repeat customers get a discount? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

grocery_getter

How many you want to buy Mike? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Agreed.

Quote:
Yeah you did a good thing. The eccentric bolts are a pain in the ass to get an accurate adjustment out of them sometimes. The damn thing change all the time when you tighten the other side of the bolt to lock it in place

I agree, after doing a subframe swap and tryign to get the other adjustable ecsentric bolts tightened I thought how much of a stupid pita they were.

Nice arms Andre, do repeat customers get a discount? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

grocery_getter

I dont understand the question?

Quote:
do you notice any improvement in handling?

Polish

Do they only fit 4 bolts or is it the same for a 3 bolt?

grocery_getter

It bolts to the subframe, it doesn't care which rear end you have.

Polish

Thought so just making sure. My Suspension upgrades come later this year, will these be availible at all times or is it a one time deal?

4g63t

I'm in the middle of completely rebuilding the rear subframe/rear brakes/rear end of the car. I'll take a set

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

Wonder what they would look like if mickey mouse actually made them...

mickey.jpg

Those look pretty sweet andre, are you sure they're the REAL deal? I mean the really really real deal, not just like.. the sorta real deal... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts