The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What to look out for when buying vr4

Snaga

Hi guys, im looking to buy my first galant vr4. Theres alot fo them in my country (indonesia) and if anyone can help what are things to look out for when buying? Any tips etc thank you

lowcashleblanc

Look at the boots on the rear steering rack, if they are swollen then the rear rack is leaking into the boots.

The hydraulic lines running to the back of the car are known to leak.

If rear steering has been deleted, check to see if the active toe has been locked out.

You can pop off the timing belt cover to see check the timing belt. It’s only two bolts to take the cover off.

Check for rust under battery tray.

Check for rust under brake booster.

If the shifter is sloppy, then the system most likely needed bushings. This can also cause grinds when shifting, but grinds can also indicate synchros are going out. (Dealing with this on my car currently)

If the seats are at all firm then they cannot be considered “Mint” the factory seat were supple and soft.

Check for factory glass, there should be Mitsu logos in the corners.

These are all bargaining points in my opinion. There is probably more others can add, this was just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned