The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help, Galant door molding

KHL

Hey all! I have a 1990 galant gsx. Sadly the drivers side door was involved in a hit and run. I have the opportunity to pickup a new door off of a base model galant and was wondering if anybody could tell me if the lower trim piece thats on my car can be put onto the base model door? Or am I stuck deciding between a dented or one thats the wrong trim. Thanks!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Hard to categorically state it "will" fit without more info, but you can probably make it work. Youi may have to drill some holes matching the original for the attachments.

misterfixit

There were only two types of door moulding (lower cover)
One with a wavy profile and one with three narrow grooves in.
they changed from year to year.

If its the half door covering moulding, and it's the wavy profil one then you are good.

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts