The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone know a part number for JDM GVR4 o2 Sensor?

Sburke

I have a 90.5 GVR4, and looking for a part number or place to purchase oxygen sensors. Us spec appear to be 4 wire, and JDM are 2 wire. Not interested in adding more wiring to my car, as it already has enough added wiring. Need to reduce areas that can fail

mk2davis

Hopefully someone who is more informed will respond soon.

It's my understanding that USDM 4 wire sensors are two for the heater, and two for signal. If JDM are just 2 wire, then those are signal wire; connect those two and your good to go.

Obviously, the correct piece would be the way to go. But this may give you an option if it is required.

AllanL

JDM O2 sensor:

MD127426 for up to 07.1900 models

MD166841 for onwards models

misterfixit

You can use a 4 wire one and leave the heater wires disconnected.
All you need to do is de-pin the connector and swap the shell of your one on. Leave the heater wires off or cut them back. I believe the EPS rack (2WD GSR) and AC Clutch use the same connector family, You might find the same connector on the fuel tank sender too on a fuel injected 2wd car too.

Cheers,

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts