The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

shop said i didnt need align hone??

yubh8tn

Hey guys, so when I took my block + girdle + arp studs to the machine shop, not only did they question my girdle, they said that I probably wouldn't need an align hone. ARP and Kiggly both say an align hone is required for either of their products. Shop said they used a dialbore gauge after installation and told me everything "checked out". Did I screw up by letting them not do the align hone?

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Two thoughts:

ARP and Kiggly probably both say that as a liability disclaimer. Not saying it is never really needed, but it may not always. I don't think I needed one for the ARP studs when I did my Datsun, but that could be different. The thinking is the different fasteners and/or girdle installation change the torque situation, therefore good to check.

Did the shop know how to check and do they have data they will share? Record anything at all or just a verbal "it was ok"?

yubh8tn

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if they recorded anything, I can give them a call but I doubt it. All they really said was that I didn't need one and that it was ok. Lol

Their other work (hone, deck, head, etc) looks pretty good though so maybe I should trust them

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts