The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CT9A Ohlins & E39A Camber plates

moduleunknown

I'm wondering if there is anyone here that has a set of CT9A Ohlins DFV Road & Track coilovers installed on their GVR4.

I'm aware of what needs to be done to bolt evo suspension bits onto our cars and that if I wanted to retain the evo camber plates I'd need to drill new holes in my strut towers. I'd prefer not to poke new holes in my car.

That said, would anyone happen to know if there are any E39A specific camber plates that are compatible with the CT9A Ohlins? I'd like to confirm something works before spending the money and I'm having a very difficult time finding any useful information anywhere.

Whoodoo

It's been forever since I did mine, but typically camber plates have some bushings in the upper spherical bearings that match the diameter of the threads on top of the damper. In order to get stock Evo suspension to work with e39a specific K-sport camber plates, all I had to do was make some different bushings. Of course, I had access to a lathe, so that was pretty easy for me... Also, aftermarket suspension may be totally different than the stockers I was working with. I think I have a post or two in my old build thread about it with pics.

moduleunknown

Found it here. ...and I recall reading through it quite some time ago.

While the information likely won't apply to what I'd like to use, it's still helpful to see how you worked out a solution. Thank you.

I'll likely attempt to adapt BC camber plates to work since I have a pair and replacements parts are still available.

It sure would be great if I could find some CAD drawings or some measurements from Ohlins, but no such luck.

moduleunknown

Thanks. Also quite helpful.

Additionally, I've found some measurements for the Ohlins CT9A Plate.

img.php

While that doesn't have the resolution I'd like, it's enough to scale and take some measurements to compare with the BC plates. ...and it's looking like I may just be able to swap over the bare BC camber plates.

Probably time to place an order and make it work one way or another.

moduleunknown

Just a quick update.

Swapping over the bare BC camber plate works.

There is a difference in thickness of the two plates.

The BC plate measures 8.15mm thick while the Ohlins plate is 6mm thick.

As a result, using the thicker BC camber plate means the supplied camber plate screws are not long enough.

It seems like I'll need to go get some 25mm long socket head cap screws to resolve the issue.

Anyway, things are moving along... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

moduleunknown

Yep.

BC sells parts - click

I ended up using the bare BC camber plates and their rear brake line bracket with the Ohlins.

Probably need to call for the rear brake line bracket as I don't see it listed on their website. I'll post pics of all this stuff later.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts