The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ECMLink question - Idles like crap

mk2davis

I'm confident that this is operator error.

I was all excited to put in my new ECMLink .... and the car that earlier today idled great now idles like crap.

My O2 never budges off of .04v, and my timing at idle is all over the place. I didn't drive it, this is all at idle. I have a wide band on the way, and not trying to tune it right now.

And I'm apparently not smart enough to figure out how to upload my log.

794rpm 15.2 degrees
843rpm 2.9 degrees

My O2 is relatively new. No CELs. With the stock chip, idles and drives really well.

Edit: O2 does read >.25v when throttle is blipped.

Last edited:

mk2davis

I'm confident my issues stem from the O2 not going closed loop. On cold start up, it idles at 1500 just fine, but as it warms up and idle settles it gets rougher and rougher. O2 never oscillates, although it does change when throttle is applied. Tps voltage is at.65, isc at 30+/- 3, learned idle at 147 +/- 2. At idle o2 voltage just sits at .04v. I'm happy to post logs if someone can tell me how. Posting it as an image doesn't seem to work.

Before I installed the ecmlink, idle was rock solid. I did get a cel flash on during this morning drive. Checking that next.

Nathan

Sorry I'm not able to help you but I was wondering exactly what is ecmlink is it a brand new ecu or just a program for your computer? Does it come with a different tune compared to the oem one?

mk2davis

click

It gives you keys to the castle. Unfortunately in my case, the idiots run the asylum.

It uses the factory ECU to monitor and report what values the ECU sees. It also allows you to modify factors for bigger injectors, E85, 2G MAF, SD... You can also create custom tunes. Assuming you know what your doing. Then there's me...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts