The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Replacement clutch pedal lever bushing

cupajoe

Rebuilt the entire clutch pedal assembly a few years ago but looks like that plastic bushing where the master cylinder clevis pin goes through ate it up already as I have some initial slop.

Anyone find a drop in bronze bearing for that slot? Or anything else that would work, even if its plastic I suppose because not like its hard to replace.

Last edited:

cupajoe

Nevermind, I went to Lowes and picked up a bronze bushing. Cut it in half, drilled out the center diameter a bit to fit the clevite pin, used the dremel to shave down the outside diamter enough to fit into the pedal lever. Greased, slipped in, and zero play now. GG.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Just FYI, I believe the clevis pin does have a spec for some freeplay so as to not keep a load on the cylinder. I would have to check the manual again to be certain.

cupajoe

Agreed, there should be some "dead space" when you start compressing the clutch, I still have this and I did make sure to not have any pressure loaded when I threaded in the master.

My issue was I had to MUCH play, lol turns out my bushing was toasted and missing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts