The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

RRE hood vents

Years ago RRE sold some hood vents, as seen in the attached photo, but they're not on RRE's website any more. I emailed RRE and asked about them but didn't get a reply. Anybody know if these vents are still available anywhere? I've searched and found many others but nothing that's the right size or that matches the contours of my DSM hood as well. Thanks.

Thanks. I'll call them on Tuesday, as I'm sure they're not open today or tomorrow.

If anyone else knows another source or has one to sell (in case RRE is completely out) feel free to chime in or PM me.

RHDGvr4

I think, pagosadsm is right there might be a few still here at the shop. Call the shop,talk to Mike Welch. I remember making so many of those vents. All the moulds are missing? We have a few parts we could make new moulds if there was enough interest. If there were any other parts we used to make, that we might still have the jigs to,let me know maybe could run a batch.

Gotta love RRE! I called Tuesday and Mike answered the phone right away. He said he thought there were still a couple vents and he would have to find them and get back to me. Today he emailed to say he found the very last one they have and that he'll make a mold of it and make a new batch of them. They're busy getting ready for Pike's Peak until after July 4th, but he told me to send him a reminder then and he'll get on it. So if anyone else is interested, the vents should be available in July. How many busy shops that build high end race cars would go to the effort of making a new batch of an oddball part because a random customer called and wanted one for his nearly 30 year old car?

RHDGvr4

Yesterday Mike was walking around the shop, with a hood vent in his hands, talking about making a mould. Ill try to snap some pics of the progress.
Theres one light pod left, hopefully we re-make that too, im itching to build a car with a pod.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned