The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

848/1000 new project build.

G

Staff member
I've got a nib hub from japan if you are interested.

Lesac

Couple random pictures. New gauge pods came in today, so I have one oldschool and one newschool gauge. Will be installed after work today, so I can do some more tuning.

Also here is a picture of myself working on this turd, I have a wheel for a head.

Lesac

Gauges installed

Next I’ve started tuning the car with the safc. I know it was on e85 with the setup it currently has before I got it, but it runs so poorly. Do all safc tunes kinda suck? I’m at the point where I’d rather just get a ecm link and go back to pump gas.

thomcasey

If you can, definitely ditch the SAFC and go for Ecmlink. You will be much happier. You can even keep the e85.

Lesac

I’ve alwasy ran mega squirt or some form of standalone system in my previous cars, and I’ll be going to the same soon in this. I just want to get the car to a semi reliable drivable point for now.

Lesac

Been dailying the car all week, and besides a few hiccups all is good. Biggest issues are an exhaust leak causing some stink, overall noise, and a vibration that keeps showing up that I'm hoping is a tire, but feels like a driveshaft. New tires get here tomorrow so hopefully that solves the issue. The car is fairly dialed in on wastegate pressure and runs well. Still feels like there is a ton to do, but I'm getting closer to being done with reliability issues and being able to move on to fun stuff.

Last edited:

Lesac

dont mind me driving in the rain and taking a picture. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif
I have really been enjoying driving even if its crap weather.

I also have my SAFC mounted to the ash tray with a magnetic phone mount, but I think ill make a bracket and trim piece to stick it down by the new radio. Thoughts?

transparentdsm

Looking good man.

Do you intent to out a gauge next to it as well?? Because if not......

I would move the radio up and get the little storage cubby for under the radio and mount it just above the little coin tray, under where the radio currently sits, upright so it would mildly block the cubby, yet still maintain the ability to get in it and use it. Maybe with the safc on a hinge to fold down.

Lesac

Haven’t decided where the radio will live for sure. The only reason it’s in the lower position now is to not be blocked by the safc on it’s magnetic mount currently.

Lesac

Finally got around to moving my safc like I wanted to. First off the silver had to go.
Before

After a quick vinyl wrap

Next was to move the radio up top and build a block off plate. The safc is magnetic mounted so it can still be pulled out of the dash for easier tuning. The block off plate will be getting 2 USB ports added into it. One to the radio and a second just for charging. Also the gain remote for my sub will likely get mounted here.

What do you guys think? Came out better than I was expecting.

Last edited:

Lesac

For whatever reason it wouldn’t let me edit in my after picture of the wrapped safc so here it is.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Looks good. Show us again after adding the USB ports.

Lesac

Started stripping off the old purple nasty window tint today. Used a steamer. Wasn’t fun.
Before and after.

Lesac

Took my non Subaru to a Subaru meet up today.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned