GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Marketplace » Cars For Sale » FS: 1991 Galant VR4 (1209/2000) Austin, TX ($2,600 or $3,200 with Evo 8 seats)
Previous thread Next thread

FS: 1991 Galant VR4 (1209/2000) Austin, TX ($2,600 or $3,200 with Evo 8 seats)

Bradley
1209/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1245062 posted 01/07/19 01:26 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Want to sell #1209/2000 (known history on this forum)
It's currently in Round Rock TX, 40 minutes north of the Austin airport.
Clean Texas title in my name.
Colorado license plates are now expired, but they will come with the car unless you don't want/need them.

This is a RUST FREE lifelong Denver Colorado car until I brought it to Austin.

The car runs & drives. (I've driven it over 60 miles in Denver at elevation)

There's oil in the coolant, but no coolant in the oil. I think it might be mixing in the turbo. I've flushed it 3 times, but it continues to mix. There is ZERO sign of water in the engine oil.
The head gasket seems good. Previous owner was an Iraq war vet, & claimed that he had installed a new head gasket within the last 4 months. (This was in April 2018.)
Compression is even across all 4 cylinders.
(Edit): It could be the turbo, it could be the head gasket, or it could be the head. I haven't looked into it yet, so I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but the car runs & drives fine with no overheating issues.

There is repairable body damage on the passenger side rear door & quarter panel from getting gently side swiped by a road sign. (missing rear passenger outside door handle)
There's also minor repairable front bumper damage from the same incident. (Just one crack along the very bottom side of the bumper.)
The foglight lenses are also broken/gone, but the wiring is still there.
The different color driver's side front fender was put on by a previous owner after a minor parking lot bump. (The story that I was told was that his wife had popped the clutch in a parking lot & had bumped it into the metal structure where you return shopping carts.)

One of the top aluminum mounting brackets for the big ETS intercooler has popped off, so the intercooler is leaning a little bit low, & is at risk of scraping if you're not careful. There are no boost leaks. The mounting bracket simply needs to be aluminum-welded back on. This is the main reason why I haven't been driving the car anywhere but around the shop whenever I need to move it.

The car runs & drives fine, but I would recommend trailering it just to be safe because of the low hanging intercooler, & the undiagnosed oil in the coolant problem.

Parts on the car: (with receipts!)

-BC Racing coilovers with camber plates at all 4 corners
-XXR wheels (comes with original wheels with literally brand new Michelin all season tires)
-ETS intercooler & stainless steel piping
-Koyorad aluminum radiator
-Mishimoto electric fan (comes with a second brand new extra)
-Forced Performance Evo 3 Big 16g turbo ported from FP
-Evo 3 O2 housing ported from FP
-Custom professionally fabricated stainless steel catch can
-Tial 44mm wastegate
-Forced Performance cast exhaust manifold (small surface crack, NO exhaust leak)
-3 inch stainless exhaust
-HKS 272 cams
-AEM adjustable cam timing gears
-Blue Gates timing belt (new in box Gates waterpump also included with the car)
-(Edit): ARP head studs
-ECMLink v3 (currently tuned for e85)
-1300 injectors
-South Bend clutch kit (pressure plate, throw out bearing, etc)
-Fidanza flywheel
-Stainless steel braided brake & clutch lines
-Braided fuel lines
-Walbro 255LPH fuel pump
-Fuel pressure regulator (it's purple...unsure of brand at the moment)
-GM MAF
-Knock sensors
-Plug wires
-1g non-cruise throttle cable
-Tie rods
-Rack & pinion
-Sway bar links
-Control arms
-Pina Motorsports rear upper control arms
-Bushings
-Motor mounts
-Trans mounts
-CV shafts & boots
-U-joints
-Driveshaft bearings
-Brake master cylinder
-Brake servo
-Clutch cylinder
-Rear main seal & retainer
-ALL gaskets, seals, o-rings, crush washers, etc...
-AEM boost gauge
-AEM A/F gauge
-Power antenna
-Momo steering wheel
-EDM lenses
-Headlights
-JDM fuel filler door...
-& MORE!

Power steering has been removed (original parts included, minus the original steering wheel)
A/C has been removed (original parts included)
Transmission shifts perfectly. Shift bushings & linkage have been replaced at some point.
No problems or slack in the awd.

GOOD INTERIOR!
No dash cracks (dash is PERFECT), carpet has been replaced, original leather in good condition (one small section of stitching torn on drivers seat...I can include a set of PERFECT front & rear Evo 8 seats for a bit extra)
Sunroof & all windows work.
Automatic seatbelts work.
Power antenna works.
Missing the fold-down sunvisors (tall man mod)

There's probably more that I'm forgetting off the top of my head. I can answer specific questions & send detailed pictures if anyone is interested & wants to email me.
The car comes with a folder filled with records of ownership history, & both parts & labor receipts totaling well over $31,000 from every year dating back to 2009-2010. (yes, I said over $31k in receipts!)
The car also comes with a few plastic bins of extra & original parts, including another disassembled 4g63 engine (including the block, & everything minus the head). Plus the original set of wheels with brand new Michelin all season tires.

I bought the car in April 2018 in Denver & towed it back home to Austin. I had good intentions for the car, but after discovering the oil in the coolant & after it got damaged, I've lost my motivation for the car. I'm an American muscle car & truck guy, but I was hoping to introduce myself to JDM cars with this GVR4. It's become more than I can reasonably handle on my own, & I have other priorities. I've been focusing on two of my 72 year old father's long-term full restoration project cars instead.

I've kept the battery on a trickle charger, & I've started the car up at least twice a month since April 2018 to keep the fluids circulating. I've also driven it back & forth while moving it around the shop several times. The car has been stored indoors the entire time I've had it.

I'm asking $2,600 for the car with all of the parts included. (including the extra disassembled engine & the original wheels with brand new Michelin's)

$3,200 if you want me to include a set of PERFECT front & rear Evo 8 seats that have been thoroughly wrapped in bubble wrap & stored indoors. (can send pictures)

First come first serve!

Shipping/towing is up to the buyer. All extra parts can fit inside the car. I will assist however you need me to, but shipping/towing will ultimately be the responsibility of the buyer.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions, or want any specific pictures. I have plenty of pictures that I can send.
I'm an honest & transparent seller.

[email protected]

Here is a link to one of the previous owner's for sale ads for this car on the forums from 2013-2014:

click

Edited by Bradley (01/15/19 01:36 PM)

Posts: 13 | From: Austin, Tx | Member Since: 03/31/18 | IP: (2605:6000:f481:e) | Report this post to a Moderator

Bradley
1209/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1245063 posted 01/07/19 01:38 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      

Posts: 13 | From: Austin, Tx | Member Since: 03/31/18 | IP: (2605:6000:f481:e) | Report this post to a Moderator

Bradley
1209/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1245086 posted 01/10/19 01:06 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I've gotten a couple emails asking about the accident damage/title status of the car, so let me go ahead & clear the air for anyone else who's wondering.
This car has never been branded, totaled, or salvaged.

The previous owner in Colorado who put the blue fender on the car never accepted an insurance claim for the parking lot accident, & decided to just replace the fender himself, so the car maintained a clean Colorado title. The accident was reported & shows up on Carfax, but since the insurance claim was never accepted, the title status was never altered. I got a clean Colorado title when I bought the car, & I had no problems transferring it into a clean Texas title in my name.

The other accident damage happened outside of Clayton New Mexico while I was towing the car home.
I took the rear driveshaft out so I could tow the car on a standard Uhaul car dolly. This was my first time towing a vehicle, so I didn't exactly know what I was doing. The guy that I dealt with at the Uhaul in Colorado only showed me how to use the wheel straps, so I assumed that the wheel straps were all that it needed. I didn't even know that the dolly had safety chains on it, as they were mounted underneath the dolly out of sight.

I was pulling out of a picnic area rest stop inbetween Clayton NM and Texline TX. I was still completing the turn to get back onto the highway when one of the wheel straps ripped where it mounted to the trailer. (I have pictures of the ripped strap)
Both the shift in weight from the turn & the strap ripping caused the front wheels to come loose & come out of the wheel grooves on the trailer. Since I had no safety chains connected, the car drove off of the back of the trailer... I watched in the rearview mirror as the car came off of the trailer, & drove into the center median/ditch. It sideswiped a roadsign in the process & came to a stop in the bottom of the center median...
This is what caused the front bumper/foglight damage, & sideswiping the roadsign caused the damage on the side of the car.

I called 911 to get a police officer to come out & write an accident report. He also took pictures of the accident scene. (Sheriff Curtis Skraggs...I can also provide a picture of his business card)

I had a jack, jack stands, & tools with me. I jacked the car up in the center median, put the rear driveshaft back in, drove the car out of the ditch & back onto the trailer, & then took the rear driveshaft back out to keep towing it. I made sure to wrap those safety chains tight around the control arms that time...

I didn't buy the Uhaul insurance, so Uhaul had no liability. It was my fault anyways. I'm just glad that it didn't happen in Denver traffic, or at high speed. I was only going about 15-20mph when it happened, & it happened in the middle of nowhere with no other cars around. It could have been much worse.

My insurance company eventually paid $1,253 for the damages, but DID NOT TOTAL THE CAR!
I have a clean Texas title for the car in my name.

Feel free to roast me!
Even I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous that situation was...

I hope that cleared the air.
If anyone has anymore questions, feel free to email me.
[email protected]

Edited by Bradley (01/15/19 01:15 PM)

iceman69510 Galant VR4.org Moderator
Turn Right Racing
855/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1245087 posted 01/10/19 02:23 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Thanks for the information. Is it always good to be honest up front.

I feel your pain (a little). I hate towing and once had my trailer come off the ball (wonky receiver that would sometimes not engage), but thankfully, no car on it at the time.

91 VR4 855 Nile Black
92 VR4 828 Belize Green-SOLD
91 VR4 115 Nile Black -SOLD

Posts: 10601 | From: Michigan | Member Since: 03/05/01 | IP: (205.144.100.200) | Report this post to a Moderator

gvr4ever
Forever Member
347/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1245091 posted 01/10/19 05:04 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
GLWS

Seems like it has 2600 in parts alone. Kinda sad to see them go so cheap.

1992 Nile black w/sunroof
15xK miles. 2nd owner since 1998

Posts: 5802 | From: Crawfordsville, IN | Member Since: 08/06/02 | IP: (199.66.65.41) | Report this post to a Moderator

Bradley
1209/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1245093 posted 01/10/19 05:38 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Thanks!

I'm sad to sell it so cheap...but considering the accident damage & the oil in the coolant issue, I think I've got it priced pretty realistically. I paid $6,000 for the car & about $900 for the seats, not to mention the transport expenses... So I'm loosing here no matter what happens, but everything happens for a reason!

Whether someone wants to part it out themselves, or return it to it's deserved glory, I just want to see it get into the right hands.
I've considered parting it out myself, but I don't know if I have the heart to do it...

Jesus_Negros
Unempowered ADMIN

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1245102 posted 01/12/19 02:46 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Damn that bodywork gonna suck getting fixed. GLWS.

Quoting coyotes:

Just because you WANT your rare turd to be valuable doesn't mean it's gonna be.

Posts: 2324 | From: USA | Member Since: 01/07/12 | IP: (2607:fb90:c229:8) | Report this post to a Moderator

Bradley
1209/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1245105 posted 01/12/19 08:26 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Yeah, that particular spot can be a bit of a headache.
If it doesn't sell this time around then I'll end up creating the time to fix it myself. I've repaired the exact same type of body damage in the corner of the quarter panel/door jam on one of my El Camino's when we got t-boned in it a long time ago. Even with gloss black paint & wet-sanding, it came out perfect. The only reason why I haven't fixed all of the damage yet myself is because I've had about 4 other cars & many other random projects taking priority of my free time during the time that I've owned it.

I can make the time to fix all of the damage myself & make the car perfect, including the oil in the coolant issue, but then the price would only end up going up. I was originally planning on stripping the entire car down to bare metal, including the engine bay & painting it Belize Green.

Right now I'm just trying to see if anyone wants the car as it is for cheap.

Bradley
1209/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1245106 posted 01/12/19 09:25 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I forgot to mention that the rear wheel steering has also been deleted/removed.

Email me if you want any specific pictures of anything!

trevstuh86
1058/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1245141 posted 01/19/19 05:10 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
This is tempting man. I'm going to have to talk to my wife about this. I already have 1058, it wouldn't hurt to have another

Posts: 14 | From: Mansfield, Tx | Member Since: 03/05/15 | IP: (216.144.244.182) | Report this post to a Moderator

Bradley
1209/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1245155 posted 01/20/19 10:10 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
You're welcome to come check it out!

[email protected]

Posts: 13 | From: Austin, Tx | Member Since: 03/31/18 | IP: (70.114.134.105) | Report this post to a Moderator

Bradley
1209/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1245167 posted 01/22/19 01:41 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Two very interested parties, both happen to be here in Texas.

No official pending sale as of yet, but something will probably happen soon. I will post updates as the sale develops.

Posts: 13 | From: Austin, Tx | Member Since: 03/31/18 | IP: (70.114.134.105) | Report this post to a Moderator

gvr4ever
Forever Member
347/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1245168 posted 01/22/19 03:50 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
It will sale. Too bad I don't have one of those huge steel buildings. I'd get that just for the treasure trove of parts.

1992 Nile black w/sunroof
15xK miles. 2nd owner since 1998

Posts: 5802 | From: Crawfordsville, IN | Member Since: 08/06/02 | IP: (199.66.65.41) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  4orced4door, curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, jnava, iceman69510, pot 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 862

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.118 seconds in which 0.024 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page