The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR4 $5000 negotiable swCT

914cheeko

I am going to try to sell my GVR4 because I impulse bought this car without having any knowledge on fixing them and I don't have the time to learn to do it because I need a daily driver. I am 17 and unemployed atm so I can't afford to have a specialty shop do it, I don't know anyone in my area that can help me fix it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
Clean VIN, no accidents. The parts alone are worth the money. Please help a homie out

VIN: JA3CX56U5MZ006411

Upgrades/mods:
Newer engine and transmission swap from a Eclipse GSX with less than 75k miles
Evo 3 16g turbo
1000cc injectors
Walboro 255 fuel pump
HKS vented catch can (not set up because it's not the right type)
18" bronze wheels (don't know name or model)
Coilovers
Manual boost controller
ATS intercooler
Haltech Sport 1000 ECU
Probably has some other aftermarket parts I don't know about

It is at a shop now to hopefully get the stalling issue fixed. From what I've heard it can be anything from the BOV to the ECU not being tuned yet so I don't know how to fix it myself. It has a leak at a gasket at the turbo outlet. All it really needs is the vacuum lines routed through a catch can and the boost leak or oil leak at the turbo gasket fixed. It could use paint as well. Interior is 8/10 and the exterior is a 7/10. Car is located in Brookfield, Connecticut.

Last edited:

Nebraska

These cars and a shop will bankrupt you kid.
Try sites like vfaq.com or plymouthlaser.com, they have got a lot of DSMers on the right path.

GLWS, although you should keep it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts