The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: #40/2000, $2k, Boston

alik

Nile Black, in fair condition, in Boston.

The good?
1) Car runs and drives, and everything works (A/C, cruise, aftermarket CD player)
2) makes boost,
3) seats are in very good condition (no rips or tears, and still full padding),
4) windows work,
5) moonroof works (no slide cover),
6) ABS delete,
7) 4WS delete,
8) new in the box Evo VIII shocks and springs with top hats on (owner took them off after 600mi, and I never managed to find anyone to adapt the lower mounts),
9) brand new worked-over gas tank (treated inside and out by a professional radiator shop in Medford, "Rogers radiator"),
10) factory NIB fuel filler neck (stole it from a fellow GVR4 owner for $80, but worth every penny),
11) two sets of black Mitsu rims, one has Hakka rubber (old, probably dry rot)
12) Evo 3 16G,
13) with Starion (I think?) FMIC,
14) 6-bolt 4G63 motor has less than 5K on it (new stock rebuild by DSM guy in upstate NY, my old one threw a rod).

In the pics, the rear bumper is off for the rear bumper support rebuild. (Rear gas tank support has disintegrated, and I'm manufacturing (with the help of my mechanic) a 1/8" support that will be welded to the rear shelf and will support the brand new gas tank.

The bad?
Car has sat for over 2 years waiting for the new gas tank.
Brakes have seized (I'll clean them up to get the car moving, but I'd replace discs and pads if I were you).
Front bumper has been gutted for the FMIC, and hangs by only two bolts.
Front lip on the hood is rusted and busted, although the hood stays closed even at highway speeds.
Driver's fender was roller painted and paint is peeling.

Body is in a condition that I could honestly describe as "fair". It certainly isn't showroom quality.
Battery is dead, but I'll procure and install a new one before the sale.

If you're quick to act, I'll drop the price to $1500.

I've got my hands full with other projects, and Galant isn't getting the attention it deserves (thus having sat for over 2 years).

I would very much hate for #40 to get junked.

-Al

Last edited:

turbofonz

I'd like to come look at it this weekend, possibly.

turbofonz

It wasn't worth saving. And I went there with low expectations. But it did get sold I guess.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned