The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Started right up this morning and ran after sitting, now no crank

So after sitting all winter, put the battery in and cranked and started up, started it about 7 times in that Time period no issues just a slightly longer crank. Leave to go do something and come back 2 hours later and it won't start at all and developed slow crank and battery was 12.6 still. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Also I might add, that when I came back I know longer heard the buzzing of the aftermarket fuel pump when in the on position like it normally does

JNR

Did you let it run awhile between cranks, to allow batt charge to restore?

Will it start normally with a jumpstart?

Maybe 10 mins, just find it weird that battery was still 12.6 and cranked fine when I first came back but no sound from fuel pump, when slow/no crank developed voltage was still good the first couple tries till it depleted

JNR

Sometimesvolts may be decent but it doesn't have enough amperage to start...but fuel pump shouldn't take much to hear.

Maybe to eliminate possibility of batt, take it to auto parts to get it load tested.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts