The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Thoughts on windage tray

tektic

I'm building a rwd 4g63 and am already adding baffles to the rwd oil pan.

I was considering the addition of a windage tray or crank scrapper. In the case if the windage screen it would most likely be a slightly convexed 20 gauge screen attached by bolts welded to the inside of the pan so I could adjust the distance from the crank and also remove it if need be.

Have others here made either screens or scrapers for their 4g63?

tektic

Seen this but don't like the idea of using the main bolts. I'm probably going to make one out of aluminum that bolts to the oil pan ring. Then weld an arched mesh windage tray over the top. I'll post when done.

Last edited:

bazeng

Make a girdle and attach it on that. Or use a kiggly one and attach accordingly?

This is my work in progress.

tektic

wow. thats impressive.

I Ordered a crank scraper from click last night. Talked with him for over an hour. Real nice guy and very knowledgeable.

Going to do something like an evo9 windage tray attached to the pan I think

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts