The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1279/2000 91 Galant vr4 Western NC ($1500.00) OBO

dthomp

I’m currently the owner of 1279/2000 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4. The body for the most part is clean and straight. Hood has severe damage. Front seats are worn. Back seats are in fair condition. Vehicle is all original aside from 3 inch exhaust. The car runs good ( when it wants ). Has a small coolant leak that I’ve not traced as of yet. Also has a stuck 1-2 synchro in the tranny. Several problems with this vehicle mechanically. Needs struts , control arm bushings , tie rods the list goes on. Also noticed some slippage last time it was driven. Slippage occurs around 3k rom mph makes no difference. Doesn’t do it all the time. Also vehicle has intermittent starting issues.. sometimes it’ll start and be fine , others it’ll start and run as if it’s in ‘limp mode’ and die. When this happens you get throttle pedal and can rev but it’ll still die as if fuel is shut off. The car has just over 120k on it as well. Things I’ve done are. New timing belt , cam shaft sprocket ( exhaust side) new can seals , new belts , new water pump , new oil pump , new hydraulic timing tensioner. Replaced brake rotors , pads and lines along with master cylinder and clutch slave. I currently no longer have factory radio or the manuals to the vehicle due to a house fire that also claimed my entire garage. By some miracle I decided to take it out of the garage during the cold months to save time on scrapping ice from my primary vehicle. Unfortunately my primary vehicle was in the garage instead and was a total loss hence why I’m moving on from this monster of a project even though my heart says find a way to keep it.
Not exactly certain what the vehicle is worth in its current condition. It does run and drive so I’m expecting more than a rolling she’ll offer. Any reasonable offers will be considered. All photos are of the car in its current state. Can send more pics upon request

Update: Found the original owners manual for the vehicle.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You should post current pics so prospective owners know what they are facing.

dthomp

All but the very first photo were taken within the past month. The top photo was taken shortly after I bought it. However I did remove the old photo. Now all photos are current

Last edited:

fuel

This is very tempting! I would love to do a spring/summer road trip to bring the car back up north.

I am looking for something as stock and tidy looking as possible, not too concerned with mechanical condition (so long as it drives). Aside from the hood, is there any other body damage, especially any rust?

Thanks!

dthomp

I have never found any rust anywhere. The molding around the top of the windshield blew off in the wind after the glass was replaced ( thanks satellite ) and there are some small rings and such around the car that photos just don’t capture. If there is a specific area of concern in relation to rust I’d be happy to inspect and photo ia

T3mp0r

Has anyone had any luck contacting the seller?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
He last signed-on here in July 2018.

T3mp0r

Thank you sir. I had checked his profile and that fact was part of the reason I asked. I was hoping someone else may have known him/her or had previously got in touch to try and get better contact info. There isn't any of that (contact info) in his user name either, sadly. Oh well. You think it would be too out of place to take a drive down there and see if I get lucky in spotting it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

T3mp0r

This car has been sold. I took a drive down to chat with the owner and see if it was still for sale as the user had mentioned that the listing would be marked as sold when/if it sold. Well it turns out that it has been sold. I don't know to whom or for how much but I did want to update the thread. Hopefully the new owner shows up on the forum and takes good care of it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned