The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

NO START-

yeti

So I haven’t started her up in a year but I’m puttin her back on the road as my daily driver again because I need a new vice for all my time...

I hooked everything back up and tried to fire her up but only cranking away.

So My guess was that the 3 year old gas is probably bad, but before I drain the gas and replace it, Thought I’d check my ecu out and see how the driver/capacitors were sittin, can definitely see some fry marks but need a second opinion and a recommendation where to send my ecu if it is infact in bad shape.

Last edited:

badams

Get it checked out by ECMTuning. They will go through it and tell you what is needed.

click

yeti

Thanks ya just sent them a mesage with pics to see if that is indeed the problem before I send it out.

Contacting a local buddy with a 1g ecu so I can try it out to make sure mine is bad first

yeti

Also so I got a spare ECU how do I make sure not to fry my buddy’s computer.

Should I remove the isc plug or do my drivers not look fried ?

Just wanna make sure not to hurt this computer

Last edited:

yeti

Well sh*t I swapped in a new ECU that works and plugged my Ecm chip in and nothing changed.

I’m guessing my injectors are not working so I’ll be swapping in some stocks I guess and a stoc eprom chip.

Problem is I have a 2g maf set up. Do I need to just get a laptop and start ecmlink and revert back to stock tune on 450cc and 2g maf ?

Haven’t worked on cars in a while sorry for all the questions

Last edited:

yeti

I can hear the walhbro priming and I’ve got pressure to the afpr hitting 45psi

How can I check the mpi relay?
I’ll google it as I post this.

Any chance my tune got deleted after years of sitting?

yeti

Already drained and refueled, do you think I need to drop the gas tank and clean it?

Last edited:

strokin4dr

I would say it is most likely the injectors stuck/clogged from sitting. I would absolutely remove the fuel sending unit and take a look inside the tank before trying any other injectors. At the very least replace the pickup sock while in there and then replace the fuel filter before the rail. No sense in guessing on a dirty fuel system and chance screwing up more injectors, or running lean due to lack of fuel flow.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Three things necessary for combustion- spark, fuel, compression. Which of these have you verified you have?

May need to put some oil in the cylinders to get some compression once you have verified you have spark and fuel.

yeti

Ok so this morning I went thru the fuel system, popped a new fuel filter in and presto she fired right up.

Now she’s running on 2 cylinders , cylinder 4&3 are running and 1&2 have spark so I’m guessing those two injectors are at fault?

Guess I’ll be switching the injectors around to see if that changes anything.

So far so good, thank you everyone!!

Last edited:

yeti

So I swapped the injectors around and got cylinder 1&2 to start running but now 3&4 are not because of my stuck fuel injectors ?

Just wanted to make sure this was my problem before I send them out to be cleaned, trying to source some 1000cc locally to swap them in real quick to make sure that’s my problem

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts