The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The Old Man- G Vr4- stretches its legs vs a Hellcat

coltboostin

Old man has a old school 35r set up on a stock intake manifold and cam! Likely a good 60-70hp minimum up top to be gained on a cam intake manifold.

Hellcat with an Intake and Tune- this was DEEP in 5th- 170mph+ range

click

Old Man was chase car, ended up freight training the Evo. Evo was on mid 30s boost Made 630whp on Buschurs dyno

click

Very temped to toss a cam and intake on the car, but its so reliable I hesitate it mess with the juju. I also want to finish the Colt and get some passes in before the snow flies!

coltboostin

Some pics of the car.

IMG_20170818_112818274-X3.jpg
c

IMG_20170818_125841528-X3.jpg

IMG_20170818_194044447_HDR-X3.jpg

thomcasey

Is this the "barn find"? Looks real nice, even with the bad color match.

coltboostin

Quoting Defiant:
very nice. I love seeing fast GVR4's!

what mods do you have?

Thanks. She runs good for what it is. Cams, Intake, and a few more clicks would probably net me a good 50-60 hp up top but at that point I'd be out of turbo.

Manely/Weisco motor. Stockish head-comp springs, stock intake cam with HKS 264 exhaust cam (what I has laying around) JMF top mount and IC, OG GT35r, twin disc,1200cc, AEM 380lph, custom fuel cell mid 30s boost. Considering what I have beat its prob a mid maybe high 130s trap speed car as it sits.

Tom-no barn find was Black. Got her running but it needed more than expected-was pretty rusty underneath. She went to a local VR-4 Collector to rehab. The previous owner of this car owned a body shop, so it may not be 100% color match-me may have added some custom touches. I can ask him if your interested?

thomcasey

Gotcha. Cleveland is too far for me to look into paint. I can get it done local. I was just noticing the rear passenger quarter is darker than the rest of the passenger side.

coltboostin

Its just the lighting or camera effect in that picture. My cell phone adds some odd auto filters to pics.

coltboostin

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

strokin4dr

Good to see you on here, JP. I posted a couple pics of your galant in the Shootout thread. Badass car for sure!

-Ryan

coltboostin

Nice!

Link?

Chad989of2000

So...dayum...clean...

coltboostin

Thanks- yeah she is decent!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts