The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Upgrading Dynamic4 to VR-4

bigandbad

Hello @ all...
I'm thinking about making a VR-4 out of my Dynamic4...
I saw many of yours are aprting out some cars - is there a real chance to get all parts together?
After studying ASA I noticed the only differences between both modells are -
- airfilter
- headers and turbo
- oilpan
- ECU
And, of cause, some internals at the engine.
I've a six-bolt 4G63 out of a n/a 1G Eclipse 2WD in spare, that I could upgrade with other rods and pistons - the only difference I could notice.
Any suggestions?

thomcasey

The transmissions are also different (weaker in the Dynamic 4) since your car is the equivalent of our GSX. You will want to look into a transmission with matching transfer case and rear-end. See this thread here

fuel

The Dynamic 4 brakes are also the smaller single piston 266mm/256mm (depending on year) up front. Rear discs are the same but rear brake caliper piston sizes differ between early and late models.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts