The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#466/2000

Hi Everyone,

I'm a long time DSM/VR4 enthusiast and I've been slowly cleaning, fixing, and modifying 466 since around April 2014 and I'm happy to report that it is now back to daily driver status. I thought I would share a little bit of what I've been up to and where we are going. Definitely a work in progress but that's kind of the point. Anyway here are a few shots of how it looked when I got it. I plan to keep posting more updates and some of the stuff I've had to do in the last year and half to get it back on the road again.

The yard I got it out of

Profile before I started working on it.

Back in action

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Good to know another is rescued. Tell us more.

Thought I would put up some more pics of some of the first work I did when i got the car home.

Field mice had set up shop in the blower motor and hvac ducts.

I also noticed the massive driveshaft thump on the way home from picking the car up.

Luckily I had replaced the carriers on my eclipse at one point so I poached them off of it. While I was at it I made a set of mounting bushings and swapped out the lobro joint from my eclipse as well and put in some new u-joints.

Quick update.
I had a Starion intercooler that I bought years ago laying around so I cleaned it up and modified it to fit with the existing factory intercooler lines.

jnava

Staff member
Glad it's coming along.

I needed a spot for a boost gauge and I've never really liked mounting stuff on the a pillar so I made one out of a gauge pod and an old piece of lexan to mount in place of the dash speaker

The original paint on the wheels was chipped and faded pretty bad so I polished the lips and gave them a rattle can respray.

Before

After

4Grim

Glad to see you saved a GVR4...even better a Nile black! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Quick update. I was looking through some of my pictures that I've taken in the last year or so and I thought I would post a couple more.

I'm a cnc programmer and sometimes on the weekends if I'm at the shop I sneak in some side projects. I made a manifold heat shield out of a scrap way cover off one of our machines.

I painted with high temp vht and baked it in the oven one afternoon when the wife was away. Not much of a welder/fabricator but it turned out pretty good.

My 16g has all of the normal cracking around the wastegate but I went ahead and did a port and polish job and whipped up a 34mm flapper while I was at it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts