The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Me & my Galant.

Breakerrr

Hi, my name is Matthew. I drive 1512/2000. My first Galant was a 90 galant gsx retrofitted with a 14b turbo. I bought it from a friend in 2012 who said he had a car for sale, gave me a ride, and let me drive. I've been in love ever since. It was rear-ended badly two years later, yet still driveable, after 30 hrs of work. I found 1512, a roller, for sale in California, so I drove the smashed galant to SF where I removed my engine from the 90, and dropped it in the 91. I'm happy to be a part of this group. Thanks.

jnava

Staff member
That's a hell of a wreck. Glad you're on.

EMX5636

Damn! Glad you're ok. That's a hell of a hit, just a bit to high for the bumper crash beam to really do anything. Glad to see you got another one though! Welcome!

Breakerrr

Thanks for the comments! The worst part about it (after the inital shock) was the other driver was drunk, had no drivers licence, and yep....no insurance. interestingly though... I called the tow yard to go get it the driver said, "so you bringin' a trailer?" I replied, "nope, it'll drive, im just bringing another spare tire." It was driven 40 miles that day. oh, I did have to rewire the fuel pump tho...

Breakerrr

there. I knew I had a picture of it driving after getting it from the tow yard. it took a few days to find but there it is!

strokin4dr

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif That is impressive!

4g6Tree

So you drove from Denver to San Fran like that? Holy sh*t, that's hardcore.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

G

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Breakerrr

First off, credit belongs my girlfriend Sabrina, she is the one driving in the photo above, without her help I would have been ******. She is the only other person who is allowed to drive my vehicles, especially this one.

Yeah...well the accident was in Wyoming, hence the absence of, well everything in the photo. So She drove it from the Tow yard to the site we were mining in WY. She also was driving while I drove my service truck for work to Denver where it went into the garage. I cut the trunk and most of the rr quarter panel out, beat the wheel well into shape, welded some 2" x 3" rectangular box tube between the rear strut towers and then one from each strut tower to the trunk floor in the direction of the opposite corner of the rear bumper. (yes I welded directly in the vicinity of the gas tank, when I still smoked I used to fill small engines with a lit cigarette in my mouth quite often...scary looking back) on the right rear another piece of small angle iron was welded so I could mount a jeep style tail light/turn signal which I spliced into the now available wires respectively. If you have never used foil tape you should start... it is AMAZING. I removed the shattered rear window cut a piece of heavy opaque plastic and sealed the edges with foil tape and in two locations vertically and one horizontally reinforced the temporary window to cut down on the noise. It worked great. The right rear door was mangled a bit so again foil tape was the tool used to seal that up. Two new tires (four was out of the question $$$) and we were ready.

I packed more tools than anything else, removed the back seat, and we were on our........wait 5 miles out of town The turbo went out. Back to denver, searched clist, get the cash, blah, blah, hello evo 3 16g..., they said it was large..., I didnt think so and I didnt care. *****I believe it is at these moments when the odd love/codependent dynamic between owner and vehicle is prospered***** I was done with the install by 4am. We left at 10am.

Anyway....THAT is how I got the wrecked gsx to San Francisco.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You, sir, are worthy of belonging to this club! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

GSTwithPSI

Quoting Breakerrr:
there. I knew I had a picture of it driving after getting it from the tow yard. it took a few days to find but there it is!

This sh*t better make it to the landing page...

f***ing. Epic.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts