The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ISC test with megasquirt

turboflanagan

I have a megasquirt computer running the Galant. I am unable to adjust my idle and need some testing input.

I have a new ISC and have verified battery voltage on pins 2 and 5 of the connector (the 2 middle ones).

To verify the computer is grounding the other terminals, could I just use a test light connected to the "hot" pins and each of the grounds while trying to actuate the ISC? That would verify both B+ and ground.

The ISC vibrates when actuated, but I can't see that it is moving much when trying to run it from opened to closed positions.

swe_gvr4_1991

Did you wire in the MS yourself?
When we installed MS in my friends Volvo years back we simply did away with the ISC and used a stopper on the throttle. Then adjusted the warmup settings in MS. That way the car has perfect idle when warming and once it reaches normal operation temp.

Mdlimy

I am not familiar with what type of isc this motor uses but I have done plenty of megasquirt setups along with various other ems installs so I should be able to help.

Is this a stepper motor or pwm? How many pins? Do you have a diagram/pinout for the isc motor?

Robbie

strokin4dr

99% sure it's a 6 pin stepper motor.

swe_gvr4_1991

Yes it's a 6 pin unipolar stepper motor. Here's the schematic from the manual:

GVR4%20ISC.png

turboflanagan

Thanks for posting that.

I have increased the timed step size which helped get it moving when actuated. I have gotten the idle up a little bit, but it is still not consistently holding the idle I set at different temp points.

The isc is working. The computer is working. I think I must be missing something that is causing the idle not to remain consistent.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts