The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ECMLink quiz: real knock, or PK from vibration?

EfiniX

I turned down my knock control thresholds to 2750 RPM's/30% TP to do a bit of low RPM tuning and I'm seeing some knock at about the same RPM range and TP on each log. The timing doesn't seem nuts, and the knock isn't huge, but it's so replicatible that I can't figure it....

So, PK due to vibration at a certain RPM, or real knock?

(link to logs after the pics)

Log 1: click

Log 2: click

Thanks in advance, timing geeks.

Last edited:

prove_it

What fuel are you using? It looks like phantom knock to me, unless it's crap gas.

EfiniX

Chevron 92. Looks like PK to me, as well. I'm not running aggressive timing on the low-end.

Thanks for the feedback.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned